Chapter 3

Baekhyun sat outside the exam hall drumming his fingers on his knees. He had studied hard for the past three weeks and didn't want to mess up this chance. This was the first trial of many for the scholarship and there were lots of people, at lest a hundred, in different school uniforms waiting anxiously for them to be called in.

Finally a lady appeared from the exam hall. She was hold a clipboard and looked done with life. She called out names one by one we all made are way into the exam hall. The hall was a large sports hall with high window with streams of summer daylight coming through the windows. Rows and rows of desks and chairs lined the hall with test papers lying face down on them waiting to be completed.

Baekhyun stumbled to his seat, feeling nauseous, wandering if he had enough time to go to the toilet. The room slowly filled a gentle murmur covered the room but Baekhyun didn't feel like talking, he was busy trying to remember everything he had gone over the past three weeks. He started locking his finger together from the nervous. He ran a hand through his black hair he had styled this morning, slowing his racing heart helping him to focus.

"Silence please." said an examiner at the front of the hall. the hall went quite everyone not wanting to miss a word. "Welcome to the first trail for the ShinWa scholarship program. As most of you will be aware only 50% will move forward to the next examination. I wish good luck to all of you, you have 2 hour you may start."

***********

Baekhyun stumbled his way out the hall, feeling almost as sick as when he went on but this time the first exam was over and he just had the results and the rest to face. he saw the other people from his school and walked over to them. He smiled nervously and was replied with the same looks.

"They said the results will be announce at the results in a few hours so until then we should explore Seoul while we're here." Said Mark looking around at the group.

"I'm down for that" Replied Vernon. "I've herd so many things about this place but never got the chance to go."

"Come on then lets go, this might be are only chance" said Jisoo grabbing Vernon's hand running of into the city.

This was a great way to take their minds of the results soon to be coming out, running around a city they didn't know, eating food and spending what little money they had. But soon enough they had to return to the hall with snakes in their stomachs looking for a answer that would change their future.

they were back where they had started but this time no one was sitting down. the room was filled with pacing people, the smartest people in Korea waiting for the chance of a life time. Finally someone appeared from the hall calling for attention. He held a piece of paper in his hand and he began to read. Name after name people he didn't know but his name wasn't read out. Mark got through and so did Vernon but not him. He knew the list was coming to a end a few people had left having had their names read out but Baekhyun defiantly stayed.

"Lee Jong-suk and finally........" they man paused for a second in which Baekhyun gave up he turned around and started to head for the door. "And.........Byun Baekhyun" the man finished and walked away. Baekhyun was frozen he could move his mind was working at he speed of light trying to comprehend what had just happened. He, a small boy from a bad town had a chance again to go to ShinWa.

*************

Once again Baekhyun was sitting waiting for his turn but this time he was waiting for his interview. He had manged to just get through the last but sadly was the only one from his school left. The last test was hard most of the questions Baekhyun hadn't even herd of so he got through by the skin of his teeth, so now he was sitting in a waiting room with other students scared and waiting.