Answers

"J-Jack? "

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. Jack was standing in front of you. His ocean eyes were filled with worry as he pulled you up. He smiled when your eyes met his and you didn't see fangs. The laceration on his neck from Anti cutting him was gone. His ears were normal human ears, not pointy. You took in all his features before wrapping your arms around him and pulling him in for a hug. He didn't hesitate in hugging back. His sweet scent of vanilla filled your senses and calmed you. Your head pressed against his chest and his heartbeat filled your ears.

"It's really you," you whispered into his chest as tears began to form.

"Yes, it's really me, love." His voice made his chest rumble against you.

"I thought I'd never see you again," you mumbled as the tears began to slip down your cheeks and stain his shirt.

"Me too. I'm so glad I'm here now."

"Me too."

You both slightly pulled away so you could look at each other. You still couldn't believe your boyfriend was standing here instead of Anti. Your mind flashed back to all the horrible things that happened to you, and it caused you to sob silently. Jack reached his hand up to your cheek and gently wiped your tears away. Your eyes met his and you saw the love in his baby blue eyes, something you never saw when Anti was here.

"C'mon, love. Let's go get cleaned up."

----------

After you and Jack had showers and changed into new clothes, you both met in the living room and decided to watch some T.V. You curled up against him and he wrapped an arm around you. He kissed your forehead as you both continued to watch whatever was on the T.V. You couldn't help but think about how normal this all seemed. Just two hours ago, you were fighting a demon for your boyfriend. Now that you had gotten him back, he acted like nothing happened. Although a part of you really did not want to talk about what happened, you felt like you and Seán should at least discuss why it did happen.

"Seán?" You finally spoke.

"Yes, love?" He seemed slightly confused as to why you were using his actual name.

"I feel like we need to talk..." your voice trailed off.

Jack let out a long sigh. "I guess we should. You probably have so many questions."

"I do."

"Well, I'll try to answer them as best as I can," he tried to sound cheery.

You took a moment to think about what you wanted to know and what you should ask first. "What happened in the bathroom the night you...changed."

Seán sighed again before answering. "This answer requires a little backstory. For the longest time, I've had to restrain myself from certain urges or acting on certain thoughts. I guess you could say I had to contain my 'inner psychopath'. I would get these urges, especially around other people like you, that were completely wrong and absurd. These thoughts would fill my brain and I would have to fight them. I guess that's a reason why I'm always so cheery and happy. But, that night, he was so strong and I couldn't fight the urges and thoughts anymore."

You nodded silently as your brain soaked up the information. It made a lot of sense, actually, so it didn't require much thought.

"Did you know he was going to 'come out' soon and overtake you?"

"Yes and no. I noticed the urges were getting stronger and the dark thoughts were increasing, but I never know when he's going to take over. It just kind of...happens."

"Wait, this has happened before?"

Seán sighed. "Yes. In most of the videos Anti is in, it's real. I just take back control after a little bit. The other times I'm just mocking him, which pisses him off."

You paused a moment before asking another question. "So, was my 'dream' really a dream? Did everything that happened before Anti took over you this last time actually happen?"

"Do you want the real answer or one you'll like better?"

"The real one, dumbass!" You said as you playfully slapped his chest.

He chuckled. "Okay, okay. Brace yourself." He paused a moment. "No, it wasn't a dream. Everything that happened in your 'dream' happened in real life. Anti staged it and manipulated your mind into thinking it was a dream."

Your head spun as you tried to comprehend his words. "B-But I was back in college..."

"Anti manipulated time. I don't quite get it either, but he did."

"You two...separated bodies. You were a separate entity from him."

"Yes, that happened. But, when Anti 'died', we came back together."

"He raped me," you whispered under your breath as a tear slipped from your eyes.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about how I hurt you. I feel so bad..."

"Hey, love, it's alright," Jack kissed your forehead.

"I thought it was all a dream. How-how could it be real? I just don't understand..." your voice trailed off as the room began to spin. "S-Seán? Is the room spinning?"

"No, babe. Just lay down for a few minutes." Seán stood up and gently laid you down on the couch. "Just rest for a little bit."

You tried to calm your racing mind. Even the slightest thing like your heartbeat seemed amplified to annoy you and give you a migraine. You tried closing your eyes, but all you could see was everything that happened in your 'dream'. You opened your eyes and began to feel dizzy again.

"Just relax, love."

"My head..."

"It's alright, (Y/N). Just try to calm down."

The spinning began to increase and darkness began to cloud your vision. Soon, the world was darkness and you slipped into unconsciousness.

[Okay let's talk about Doki Doki Literature Club, though. I've been watching Mark's play through and holy shit. That game is insane! I knew Monika was running it though. Especially when she broke the fourth wall and told the player to save. I also knew Yuri cut herself. That game dealt with some deep shit and had so many turns for a purely narrative game. I loved it though! Did you guys? Let me know! :)]