Chapter 13

"Alright, where's your room?"

"Just another seven more doors down, then face the right, catch" The female directed, tossing the room card carelessly to Nigel who caught it with his free hand, the other cradling the small pup that was struggling feebly.

"I can't believe I let you trick me!" Nigel sighed, exasperated.

"I can, now when we get in, just wait with bug until I'm back with the medical supplies and maybe some alcohol" Gracie ordered.

"I'll have whiskey" Nigel added, to which the female smirked at, saying that she'll share the bottles with him before trotting off.

Now left the reluctant male and the wounded pup hidden in his arm alone to their own devices.

Nigel followed Gracie's instructions before swiping the room card on the door, before twisting the handle open to enter a rather plain room, only decorated with a messy desk scattered with written and drawn on pieces of papers, a coffee table in front of a couch facing a flatscreen TV that already had cups of drunken coffee littered on, a decently furnished kitchen with counters outlining the area, a bed with her laptop on it and another door leading to the bathroom.

Unsure as of what to do with the dog, he carefully set the dog on the ground, choosing not to dirty the furnitures. If only he knew how to bathe a dog.

"Well then bug, this is your new home I guess" Nigel grunted, not wanting to intrude in the female's abode but was slowly getting tired.

Soon, he gave in and took off his shoes at the doorstep before climbing the two steps up to reach the flat ground of the flat.

He sighed before looking around the unfurnished room. The walls were painted white, the flooring was marble, cool to the touch especially with the air conditioning left on. It was a decent room, but it wasn't as luxurious as his, which was reasonable.

His attention was caught when he heard scratching from the door, only to see it was the puppy clawing at it.

"You're going to scratch it, stop that" Nigel grunted, walking over to pick up the twisting puppy.

"I don't know why Gracie's so insistent on keeping a rascal like you" Nigel huffed, walking over to the couch to settle down with the resistant puppy.

Minutes later as he was watching the TV alongside the worn out puppy, the doorbell rang, alerting Nigel of the awaited arrival, signalling for him to open the door in which he obeyed, puppy in hand.

"You're finally back" Nigel sighed, shutting the door behind the female who had an inconspicuously bully bag, the liquor bottles outlining the fabric.

"I got us just about every hard liquor I could find, along with a bottle of champagne in case I feel fancy, along with all the medical supplies I need" she grinned, kicking off her sneakers before walking over to the coffee table to gently put the bag on it before taking the puppy from Nigel.

"You just took them?"

"I left a sticky note saying 'borrowing, will return later, probably' in place of the bottles" she shrugged, causing Nigel to snicker.

"I find you more likeable with every passing moment" he chuckled.

"You flatter me, but don't get used to it I tend to ruin everyone's impression of me in a jiffy" she snorted, not bothered by how unladylike it may be, unpacking her bag.