CATORCE

-

-

"ARE WE GOING TO TELL THEM the names we chose, or keep it a secret until July?" Nita asked Paulo on the first Tuesday of 2018. It was January 2nd, Nita found herself sitting back on Paulo's couch at his apartment. That's all what Nita did now. Her classes were starting next month and she dreaded it. She truly did not want to go to school and do something with her life. Nita wanted to stay on her butt all day, and Paulo gave her that option; but she knew she couldn't do it.

Paulo shook his head. "I don't think we should. I like the names we chose for them. But we also need middle names- oh, by the way, do want to use your last name as well?" Paulo asked while scrolling through his Instagram timeline. He was bored, so was Nita.

Nita looked at him in disgust and laugh. "My last name? You're so funny, Paulo. You know I hate my last name. And middle names? People still do that? If we find any names that go nice with the names we chose, sure why not?"

Paulo just chuckled and shook his head. "Why are you so negative, Nita. I like your last name honestly," he said, he hated when the 20 year old would bring herself down, even if it was lightly, Paulo still hated it. Nita just rolled her eyes. This Paulo was annoying.

"Paulo you should know this, because it's my father's last name. That's why," she told Paulo. It wasn't that she didn't like her Argentine side of her, she honestly loved being Argentine and Italian. It was an amazing mix and she loved both cultures. She even loved her Argentine name-it was just her father.

"I wanna meet your father," Paulo blurted out. Nita laughed and shook her head.

"No," she told him, "I don't even see my dad anymore. But I'll let you meet my mom," she smiled.

"I've met your mother before, Nita. Why don't you ever see him, you've never told me. You can tell me, we're basically best friends, you know," he told Nita. Nita mentally rolled her eyes, best friends?

"Yeah, best friends that are going to have a child together, totally," she joked, Paulo laughed.

"And whose fault is that, huh?" Paulo asked. Nita responded, "Your family's. Your cousin and Antonella's, by the way, is everything fine between you and Antonella?" she asked, when Nita and Paulo last saw each other on Christmas day, Antonella and Paulo fought the whole time they were together. Nita knew it was because of how much she and Paulo had been spending time together, Antonella didn't like it.

"Alright, you got me there. But please, tell me what happened with your father," Paulo begged. He wanted to know badly, he felt like he could relate with his father's passing.