Chapter Six

"Should we split up?" Kagome asked.

"No, I can't loose you," InuYasha protested.

"I'll be with you, and Sango will be with Miroku," Kagome explained.

InuYasha sighed. "Fine, we'll split up."

Sango nodded and Miroku followed her into a room.

"Come on, Kagome," InuYasha said, holding Kagome's hand. They entered inside a door.

"Where are we?" Kagome asked. The room was dark.

"I don't know," InuYasha replied. His eyes narrowed and a pair of red eyes showed. The light went on, revealing a demon.

"Stay behind me, Kagome," InuYasha murmured, drawing out Tetsusaiga.

"I've got this, InuYasha," Kagome said, drawing out her bow and arrow and aiming for the demon. She let the arrow go and it hit the demon right in the head. The demon was destroyed.

"Nice going, Kagome," InuYasha mumbled, holding her hand again. They continued walking.

. , . , . , . , . , .

"I can't believe this is really happening," Sango told Miroku.   

"Nobody expected any of this to happen," Miroku replied.

"I thought all our problems would be solved once Naraku would be destroyed," Sango said.

"It never ends, Sango," Miroku explained. "There will always be problems."

Sango sighed. "Wait, wh-where are we?"

Sango and Miroku suddenly felt excruciating pain. And soon after, they both blacked out.

. , . , . , . , . , .

"InuYasha, we should go and look for Miroku and Sango," Kagome said. "I feel like something bad is going to happen."

"We can't turn back now, Kagome," InuYasha complained. "We've gone this far."

After a few more minutes of walking, suddenly, InuYasha caught the scent of her daughter.

"She's here," InuYasha said and he tensed up.

"I'm sensing a powerful demonic aura," Kagome added.

"You finally found her," Hotaru said. She was standing beside Kuniome, clasping her neck.

"Kuniome," InuYasha and Kagome called.

"Mommy, Daddy," Kuniome replied.

"Let her go, Hotaru," InuYasha yelled.

"Well, I am a woman with an eye for a bargain," Hotaru murmured.

"Just take me," InuYasha said. "Don't hurt my daughter."

"Gladly," Hotaru mumbled.

"No, InuYasha," Kagome protested.

"Take care of Kuniome, Kagome," InuYasha told her.

"N-No, I-InuY-Yasha," InuYasha was shocked to see Miroku on the ground, obviously hurt. Sango was unconscious.

"Miroku," InuYasha called.

"D-Don't s-sacrifice yourself t-to her," Miroku added weakly. "She'll k-kill us all."

"Damn, how could I be so stupid?" InuYasha cursed.

Hotaru growled. "It's you or your daughter, InuYasha."

Suddenly, Sango's Hiraikotsu flew by, cutting of Hotaru's hand that was clasping Kuniome's neck.

Kuniome realized what happened and ran towards her father and mother.

"Damn you, demon slayer," Hotaru cursed, walking towards Sango. Kirara jumped in between to protect Sango from the demon of darkness. Kirara snarled.

A huge sword suddenly appeared on Hotaru's hand. She slashed on Kirara and Kirara got wounded near the shoulder, blood gushing out of the wound. She fell to her side.

"Kirara," Kagome gasped.

"Protect Kuniome," InuYasha told Kagome. He then drawn out his sword and ran towards Hotaru. He swung his sword, wounding Hotaru's back.

"Stupid half-demon," Hotaru turned around to face InuYasha.

Their swords clashed together making a deafening sound. Shockingly, InuYasha flew back. He growled and charged towards Hotaru again. Their swords clashed together again.

"You cannot defeat me, InuYasha," Hotaru said. "You're only a half demon."

"I'm not only a half demon," InuYasha corrected, swinging his sword. "I'm the half demon."

After a few minutes of swinging, slashing and clashing of swords, someone unexpected showed up.

"Enough of this," everybody looked back to where Sesshomaru was standing.

"Sesshomaru," Hotaru mumbled.

"Hotaru," Sesshomaru said. "Long time no see."

"You know her?" InuYasha yelled.

Sesshomaru nodded once. "I don't know a lot about her, but I do know she needs to be destroyed for kidnapping and attempting to kill my niece." Sesshomaru drawn out Tenseiga.

"InuYasha, you know what to do," Sesshy added.

InuYasha did know what to do. He backed away from Hotaru. "Kirara," InuYasha yelled. Kirara used all of her remaining strength to carry Miroku and Sango away.

"Kagome, you and Kuniome stay behind us," Sesshomaru said.

"What is going on here?" Hotaru mumbled, clearly confused.

It was like when they defeated Sō'unga the demon sword. Tenseiga's Dragon Strike and Tetsusaiga's Backlash Wave.

"Get ready, InuYasha," Sesshomaru said.

"I don't have any time for this," Hotaru said, and she then swung her sword. A strong tornado of fire appeared coming towards InuYasha and Sesshomaru.

"Backlash Wave," InuYasha exclaimed. The tornado changed direction and headed towards Hotaru.

"Dragon Strike," Sesshomaru yelled and swung his Tenseiga. Blue lightning surrounded the Backlash Wave. And after a few seconds, Hotaru's own tornado backfired on her. The fire tornado was stronger with Tetsusaiga's Backlash Wave and Tenseiga's Dragon Strike.

"This can't be," Hotaru murmured, the stronger fire tornado coming towards her.

And it hit her, she screamed out loud, and after a few seconds, her scream started to fade and then she was destroyed. The ceiling started to crumble. InuYasha picked up Kagome into his arms, while Sesshomaru got Kuniome. They escaped out the castle before they could be crushed.

"Is everyone alright?" Sango asked, awake but wounded.

"We're alright," InuYasha replied and looked at Kagome. "Are you okay, Kagome?"

"I'm fine, InuYasha," Kagome replied.

Sesshomaru set Kuniome down and she hugged his leg. "Thank you, Uncle Sesshomaru." She then let go and ran towards her parents.

"Kuniome," Kagome called. "Thank goodness you're alright."

"Uncle Sesshomaru saved me," Kuniome mumbled.

Sesshomaru didn't respond, he just stared at his father's remains. The time when the great Inu no Taishō died and the time when InuYasha was born flashed back through his mind.

Don't Forget To Vote >>>

And Follow me perhaps.