Day 1

The next morning you got up early. You didn't get any sleep at all last night. After showering, you decide to make breakfast for yourself and the boys. Even though you feel uncomfortable with them (particularly Dean), you hate causing conflict even more than need be. Plus, this is the least you can do for them for saving your life.

"Morning," Sam says in a low voice. He glances at the food and doesn't realise it at first but then he looks back at the food again and realises that breakfast is on the table.
"Is this..?"
"Yeah, uh... it's the least thing I can do for you guys. You guys saved my life," you say shyly. Sam gives you a warm smile and before Sam can say anything Dean and Cas walk in. Dean looks over at the table and says to you,
"You didn't have to make breakfast for us. Saving people, hunting things, it's our family business." You nod and take that as Dean's way of saying thank you. The men walk over to the table and eat, and you join them. You notice that Cas isn't eating.
"Not hungry Cas?"
"Angels don't eat, y/n," Cas responds.
"Gotcha."
"Good morning," a low voice says behind you while you jump from the sudden greeting. You turn around and lock eyes with Gadreel and your heart skips a beat.
"Good morning, sleep well," you ask Gadreel who is now sitting beside you.
"Angels don't sleep" Gadreel responds.
"You guys don't eat, you guys don't sleep, what do you guys do," you ask sarcastically.
"Well, we protect heaven and man-kind. We also-" you giggle at his seriousness and say,
"I was being sarcastic Gadreel, I'm sure you guys do a lot." Gadreel just smiles at you and looks at you like a tired little puppy that just woke up. You take a mental picture of his adorable face. Dean clears his throat and looks at Sam then you then back at Sam and shakes his head.
"Alright you crazy kids, Sam, Cas and I will be working on a case today just outside of town. You guys can hold down the fort and answer the phone if we need back up," Dean says. He then goes on to describe the case in detail. They were going to hunt a dragon who is killing people. Problem is, this dragon person is a well known politian, so taking him down is not a peace of cake.
"Why can't me and Gadreel go?"
"Because that's too many people plus you're new to this and I don't trust you yet," Dean says. You roll your eyes.
"Look, Dean. I may not be a hunter but I at least know how to fight for myself and not steal credit cards off of people's dead bodies in order to make money."
"Yeah well being a hunter isn't exactly a job that comes with a steady income, now is it sweetheart" Dean asks with an attitude.
"Are you kidding me? Are you guys like five? Y/n, look, we are not doubting your skills but this is a dangerous case, if we need your help, we will call you. Until then, you can roam around the Bunker, it's actually a pretty big place," Sam says soothingly. You sigh and agree to Sam's conditions.

The trio leave the table to get ready for their trip. You sit there drinking the rest of your coffee, sitting silently next to Gadreel. You break the silence with a question,
"Is Dean mad at me for some reason?"
"No, he's just hard headed at times and finds it hard to trust anyone cause he's been through hell and back, literally," Gadreel responds. Gadreel then goes on to explain what he means to hell and back and once again you realise how close you are to Gadreel's face. You both look at each other's lips. You dare to inch closer to his face but Dean interuppts. He barges back into the kitchen and says,
"We are leaving, don't do anything stupid." While he leaves you grind your teeth together as you watch him leave.

You take Sam's advice, and take a tour around the bunker while Gadreel accompanies you.
"So how did you and the Winchesters meet" you ask randomly.

"Well, to put it simply, they needed my help and I needed theirs. I messed up along the way...but I am trying to make it up to them day by day."

"How did you mess up?"

Gadreel  stops and looks down in embarrassment, "I...lost my way. I trusted the wrong people. I put humanity and the Winchesters in danger, all in the name in redemption." He tells you his story and you're interested by everything that has led him to this point. He was dealt a bad hand and was made to pay for it. After telling you his story, he pauses for a moment.

"(Y/n), I understand if you don't want to get to know me better or don't believe in soul mates. I won't force anything on you," he says in hesitation. You take his hand and he looks up at you.

"I'll be honest, I'm not one to believe in soul mates and in love, but I'm willing to give this a try. I want to get to know you better. From what I gather you're a good man who just has bad luck," you reply softly. Your words made his heart skip a beat and it plasted a smile on his face. You smiled back at him as well.

Both of you walked back to the library, hand-in-hand. None of you able to suppress your smiles. You knew there was a spark between you and Gadreel. Maybe soul mates do exist.