9: Go To Hell Dru

“Dru,” I tried to catch my breath, I’d lost it somewhere between the manic run from my car to his apartment, “How could you even agree to this?”

“Oh yes I’m awesome too Rory, how are you?” He scoffed as he turned away from the opened door and made his way back into the apartment. I followed along and shut the door behind me.

Manners? Who needs manners when everybody’s telling them what to do? Even so I rolled my eyes and muttered, “Hey Dru, how are you Dru, oh and Dru did you know that I have a new teacher?”

He didn’t even drop a sweat, he merely plopped onto his hideous couch, retrieved a remote from God knows where and turned the t.v. with a quick flick of a button. Black boobs and things that I shouldn’t have seen moved indiscreetly on the T.V. screen.  I slapped my hands against my face and groaned, “Jeeze Dru.”

“Shit,” he muttered as a different set of voices from the ‘ohh’s’  ‘ah’s’  and ‘come for me baby’ swarmed throughout the room, “Sorry, I didn’t know that was still in.”

Porn, Dru watches porn. Dru watches porn with black women.

Yeah, that didn’t make me feel any better about screwing him, the idea that maybe he had a fetish with black women didn’t exactly make me feel like an angel.

“Oh God,” I groaned again as I peered through the slit between my right index and ring finger. The boobs were gone and in it’s place was that familiar commercial about feeding children from Africa, “Thank God.”

“Sorry about that,” I couldn’t even look at him properly without convulsing; I mean yeah it was normal but I just didn’t picture Dru being that normal type of guy.

But of course he was a guy….and…I groaned again and rubbed furiously at my eyes, “Don’t tell me you wank off to that too?”

“You came here for something Rory, what is it?” He evaded the question.

“So I’m going to assume that you wank off to this,” I opened my eyes and pressed my hands against my hips, “Oh my god you have a fetish with interracial porno.”

“Rory,” Dru rubbed his head and then raked his hands through his growing curls, “Please.”

But I had to keep talking or that image of dark boobs and unmentionables was going to hound me, so I didn’t stop there, “That’s why you had sex with me! I knew it! You don’t like black women at all! You like the idea of having sex with them!”

“RORY SHUT THE FUCK UP.” His hands clamped around my forearms and he shook me gently. I’d been so busy tacking off reasons as to why he’d slept with me and meanwhile he’d been edging closer so he could shake the hell out of me.

My mouth formed into a wide O as I stared at him horrified, “Is that how you feel?”

“That’s how I really feel.” His hands fell away as he turned around again and rested atop the arm on his couch, “Now what did you want to tell me?”

It took a moment for the shock to wear off, I had so many questions that the one I’d come to his apartment for didn’t really seem important, but I tapped my index finger against my lips and spoke anyway, “Did you know? About the new guy, the new instructor.”

“Yeah,” his eyes lifted up to his ceilings, and his adams apple bobbed up and down with each swallow he took, “I knew.”

I pressed my hand against my chest and swallowed hard against the rapid beating my heart had taken up. It’s like it was running a marathon and planned on making the finish line whether I liked it or not, “And you don’t care?”