Chapter 9

Arabella's POV

"We need to tell you something." Lillian said once everyone has sat down.

"Okay, can you just tell me please? I am starting to get very worried." I said whilst looking at everyone's faces.

"Okay, well Arabella, we are the British Royal family. I was very surprised when Xavier here told me that you didn't know us at all. But once he explained everything, it was obvious that you were so engrossed with your studies, you never went on the internet nor watched the news." She said all so quickly not leaving a second for my brain to register what she had just said.

"Uh, oh god, I am so sorry. Your Highness, all of your highnesses." I said whilst bowing my head down, and sitting up straight on the seat.

"No, dear. Please don't call us that. Were still the same people you know for a few days now." Lillian said whilst getting up and stroking my arm up and down trying to comfort me.

"Now, seeing as you didn't know who we are. I am assuming that you do not know who you are and why you feel such a connection with Xavier." Lillian said whilst moving hr arm to point at Xavier.

"Um, no I don't know who I am, well I do. My name is Arabella Charlwood and I go to university in University College London Hospital." I said whilst sitting up even straighter in my seat if that was possible.

"Well dear, there was this detail which I assume you do not know. You are a crowned princess of Roseedge. It is a small country just off the coast of Denmark. Your Aunty here is also a Crowned Princess, with your cousin Felix is now the king." Lillian said whilst sitting in the chair opposite mine again.

"What do you mean that I am a princess. That makes no common sense. How come I have never been told? Especially after my family passed away." I said with a tear rolling down my cheeks.

"Belle, I don't know why no one told you, but that's all in the past now. You're a princess, and there is a reason why we feel the connection." Xavier said whispering whilst wiping my tears away.

"Yes Arabella, no one knows why you weren't informed. But I do believe it has something to do with that ex-boyfriend of yours. Anyway, the reason why you feel yourself attracted to Xavier is because when you were younger, you both were so close. You would play together all day and night. And Xavier was your knight in shinning armour." Lillian said with a tear close to falling in her eye.

"How come we played together if I am from near Denmark? And how come I do not remember?" I said while looking toward Xavier. He turned to look at me with almost love in his eyes.

"Well, I was best friends with your mum and dad. We were all very close, me, your aunt, your mum and your dad. Us three girls were all very close, and the two men were so close." Lillian said with a tear in her eyes. "Well now, at least your mum and dad are happy up there with George. He was my husband, he only passed away 2 years ago." She said with a tear rolling down her cheek.

Tears streamed down my face, I got up and walked around to give Lillian a hug. "I am so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine losing a husband. It must have been worse than when my parents died."

"It was heart breaking, but I can't imagine your pain. Both countries felt the loss of the monarchs dying. We spent 5 years looking for you, everyone thought that you had passed away with your parents. You may not remember your past because you were so young, but it may have been because of the trauma you faced at the early stage of your life." Lillian said whilst hugging me even harder.

Once we pulled apart from each other Lillian, Aunt Emily and Xander left.

"So, am I really a princess? And are you really a prince?" I said whilst turning around facing Xavier.

"Well, yes you are Belle. Your name is Her Royal Highness Princess Arabella Charlwood of Roseedge. And I" he said whilst looking at me with a smirk, he continued "I am His Royal Highness Prince Xavier Whitbeck of Great Britain. But you can just call me Xavi." He said whilst hugging me with the biggest smirk plastered on his face.

"Well, you can just call me Belle." I said whilst kissing his cheek.

He pulled back, holding my arms, slowly leaning forwards, I took the hint. I leant forwards and connected my lips with his; it felt as it fireworks were going off as soon as our lips touched. We stayed kissing each other for as long as we could without having to pull away for breath. Suddenly we heard a cough from behind us. We both turned to look, and we found Lillian standing there.

"Well, that took longer than expected. I thought it was going to be the first night. I'm sorry to break this up, but Xavier you need to come to the meeting. We need to clear your reputation, before it comes out about you two." She said pointing to the two of us.

"Your reputation? Xavier please tell me what your mum means!" I said whilst pulling myself out of his grip.

"Well, the reputation is that I am a man-wh*re" He said, I started to walkout of the room. Silently crying to myself. How did I get myself into this me? I asked myself. "Belle, let me finish please." Xavier said whilst blocking my path.

"Go on then." I said not looking into his eyes.

Xavier grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. "As I was saying I have this reputation that I am a man-wh*re. but that is not true. I take all the blame, but it is Xander who all those women are for. I haven't ever had a girlfriend."

"Why do you have that reputation then? If it is not you, but you're the eldest of Lillian's children. Oh my god, that makes you the next king!" I said whilst piecing all the puzzle pieces together.

"Yes, I am this country's next heir, so that make me the next king. And I don't know why I took the blame for my brother. Maybe because he was so young? But I am not sur. But I need to clear the reputation for when I become King and for my future Queen. I am going to a meeting, but I think I need to beg Xander for him to tell the truth." He said whilst caressing my cheek. "Don't worry Belle, I'm going to get this sorted." After that he gave me a quick peck on the lips and left.

"Don't worry about this Arabella, were going to get it cleared, it may take some time though." Lillian said whilst rubbing my shoulder and leaving me alone in the room where I found out that I was a Princess.

Me a Princess? I can't believe that. I must tell Isla, she will freak out.

Isla is my best friend, we have been friends since we did our GCSEs together. We were the two who were the young ones doing our exams. She has just turned 18. She also works at the hospital with me, as a maternity nurse.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please don't be a silent reader. Vote. Comment.