Electrifying life

He sat on a wooden chair across from me. His eyes examining me, probing me. Wandering eyes that focus on only one thing: Knowing.

"Would you care to explain what happened, in your own words?" He tapped the end of the pencil repeatedly on the clipboard, the sound annoys me.

"Care to stop tapping and unstrap me from this machine?" I asked, nudging my head in the direction of the lie detector they set up to me.

He stopped tapping and started chuckling softly, shaking his head slightly. "You're a funny one, aren't you?"

I cocked my head to the side, looking at him innocently. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out as a joke." I giggled sweetly and relaxed in the uncomfortable, splinter-giving chair.

He shook his head and began writing something down on the clipboard. "What are we going to do with you?" He muttered to himself, biting the end of that pencil.

"You could let me go." I said bluntly.

"So, they say you fried a person alive?" He questioned, ignoring my comment.

"Once again, I found the guy, lying on the floor, already burnt to a crisp." I spoke slowly as if speaking to a 3 year old.

He smirked, leaning back in his comfy chair. "You expect me to believe a shitty explanation like that? With all the evidence we have against you, do you really think that anyone would think you're innocent?"

I shrugged. "You're the one holding and innocent little girl and probing her with questions like a mad-man."

We all have a dark side, even the dickhead in front of me. But my dark side is my only side.

I smiled menacingly at him as I clicked my fingers and watched in enjoyment as the lights started to flicker. He looked up at the lights and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Something must be wrong with the electricity." he mumbled to himself.

"Oh, something is wrong with the electricity, alright." He looked at me, a frown on his face.

"What do you mean?" He subtlety started to get up from his chair.

"I mean," I started as my eyes followed his slowly retreating figure, "That the reason why the electricity is acting spazy," I snorted at my choice of words and took a breath, "Is because you brought me here." My voice turned cold and I smirked in satisfaction as he ran out, fumbling with his earpiece. I cracked my neck while I went over my escape plan. I looked down at the straps that were binding my arms and legs to the chair. I bent my head down and bit on the bind, sending small but powerful charges through the bind. I watched as they slowly started to fizzle away and turn into dust. I did the same for my legs and stretched, happy to get out of that chair.

I blew in the direction of the lie detector, sending an electric wave to short-circuit the machine. "Any longer and I would have blown a fuse." I chuckled at my choice of words and left the small confinement.

I walked along the corridors silently, the lights flickering as I passed. I stopped abruptly and listened. The sounds of heavy footsteps and commands over a walkie could be heard. I clicked my fingers and all the lights in the entire building went out. I jumped on the wall and used my powers to make me stay on it without falling off. I started crawling along the wall, staying close so that I would (hopefully) go by undetected.

"They started earlier than I anticipated; how the hell can I get out now?" I murmured curiously to myself.

"How the hell, indeed." I heard someone say from behind me and the sound of a gun cocking. I could feel the cold steel against the back of my head and I sighed in defeat.

"Alright, you got me." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Get off the wall." He ordered and I silently obeyed, slowly putting myself back on the ground, the gun still on my head. I put my hands up and stood in a lazy position, my hip cocked out. "Turn around." I sighed but did as I was told. He looked me up and down, scrutinizing my appearance.

"You're just a little kid, and you're causing this much trouble?" He looked me up and down once again and shook his head. "Nah, I don't see it; you're scrawny and have the face of an 8 year old." He commented and my right eyebrow twitched: A sign that I was starting to get pissed off and you better run. I admit that I look a bit younger than I am, but it's not my fault, is it!

"What about you?" I asked, "How can they trust someone to look over a young girl when he looks like he would rather rape them." I commented and gave him a smug smile when he glared at me.

"I have her, when are you lot gonna get here already." He barked into the walkie that was strapped to his shoulder.

"We can't see a thing, it's pitch black." The other people replied.

"Are you kidding me?" He lowered his gun a fraction and that's when I took my chance. I quickly ducked under the gun and fluently moved to behind the guy.

"Never lower your weapon when facing a dangerous opponent." I whispered into his ear before sending an electric shock strong enough to paralyze him for a little while, but not strong enough to kill him. He fell to the ground, his body flinching as he tried to fight the paralysis. I stepped over him and continued on my journey, being extra cautious, making sure that no one else was going to do a sneak attack on me again.

I was able to leave the building through a window and am now standing at the back of the building. I looked up and marvelled at its beauty. The tall metal building had such intricate detail along the walls, it must have taken years to complete. I tsked and shook my head, "Such a shame, such beautiful artwork put to waste." I put my hand on the metal wall, taking in the cool texture, before sending a powerful electrical wave throughout the entire building, making cracks appear. The screams of those who were still inside could be heard from a mile away and I knew that I had to get out of here before I was spotted. I turned around and disappeared into the woods that were located behind the building. It should collapse pretty soon, and my records gone with it as well.

********************************************************************************************************************

Pic to the side is what Elektra looks like --------------> :)