Chapter 29

We looked at each other and we knew that all what he spoke had been recorded so Now we just had to run. But suddenly, the man came near Vineet and took the recorder from his pocket and threw it away and said," You think I am a fool. Now no-one can save you. Come let's play a game. Your death story should be interesting. So that your kid will think you were some sort of a hero. That is only good what I can do for you now."

Vineet looked at me in shock with happiness forming on his face. Yes, I hid it from him. I got to know about it when he was missing . He asked," Avni! Why didn't you tell me?" I replied," Because I thought it wasn't the right time. For me, your life is more important than anyone else." For the first time, I saw tears of happiness in his eyes. He was so extremely happy. He said," Avni! I love you. Take care of yourself and our child. Now no-one can save me. You go and make your future dear. "

I stood still with my teary eyes. Were we to be together only till now? Won't my child ever see him? I should have told him about it earlier. It's all my fault. It's all because of me that today Vineet's life is at stake. I cry out loud," Please let him go and kill me instead. He can then stay Happy with your daughter. Leave him. Pleaseee!!" The man laughs and Vineet denies," No Avni!Just go from here. Just go !"

The guards push me out of the room and lock it. I cry like a kid outside banging the door. I can hear the conversation inside.

The man says," So how do you want to die? By gun which can be quite painful or by poison which is less painful? Choose fast."

Vineet says," I would like a gun shot." I bang outside screaming," Nooo!!!" But no one pays attention to it.

Soon I can hear the man loading his gun. My heart has literally stopped for a second. I pray continously. Then suddenly I hear a gun shot. I hear Vineet shout.

Noooo. This cannot happen. I can't lose him. Everything is finished . I slowly lose my consciousness and fall down to the floor.

( Guys , thanks a lot for supporting the book. Now just 1 more chapter to go. Plz do vote and comment.)