3₪ Guilt ₪3

Why am I staring at chocolate? Tove thinks to herself once she opens her eyes. Along with confusion, her temples throb in pain as if her brain decided to shake vigorously in her skull while she slept.

After getting enough of the pain under control Tove is able to sit up and realize she was actually staring at the ceiling of a barred cell. Like any jail cell it was cool and damp, just this one had chocolate colored stone as the ceiling, floor and walls. The smell of metal and mold was just as strong as bodily fluids, causing Tove's nose to crinkle in disgust. Around her cell was scattered toilet paper looking scraps and newspapers and-bodies?

Both Wanda and Jo lay down face first on the damp floor with their hands spawled to their sides as if they were thrown in the cell carelessly. Instantly Tove approaches her friends worried for their health. She checked Wanda's head for any cuts, but there were only a few bruises clustered around her temples, similar to the area where Tove hurt as well.

Tove then moved to Jo and saw the same bruises but this time a large gash along her right cheekbone as well. The blood had already clotted and Tove prayed thankfully for it. However a pool of old blood she didn't notice before was in the spot where Jo's head was. She lost a lot. Tove considers nervously.

She lays the blond back down gently next to her pool of blood and stands up. Tove loses her balance for a second due to how intense the pain in her temples were. She raises her hands to her head and lightly touches the sources of pain and winces at the coolness of her fingers as a confirmation that she also has similar bruises.

Tove sighs and leans up against their jail cell wall and eyeballs the room once more. This time the brunette sees that across from their cell, was another cell. It was quiet, but Tove could hear small whimpers echoing from the opposite cell. Intrigued, Tove walks up to the damp metal bars and peers into the cell.

Relief trickles into Tove's chest at the sight of Bianca hovered over something that looked familiar as well. Once she put two and two together, Tove's stomach grows sick. The familiar huddle of torn cloth and blotted purple and yellow spots looked like Jules. Tove could tell the girl was slightly breathing and the inhuman could sense her life slipping out in her spaced out breaths. She doesn't have long. Tove realizes to herself.

Hearing the young girls small breaths fueled Tove into an intense adrenaline rush. The woman pulls at the hinges of jail cell door and eventually knocks it off its track. She lets the door clank against the rest of the bars before rushing to the other cell. She does the same with its door, opening it almost instantly, yet the sound of the metal making contact echoed just as loud as it did before.

At the sound of sudden creaking and snapping, Bianca looks up to see Tove walking over to her and her dying bestfriend, "I can't see her chest rise." She young girl whispers out in shock.

"Her heart's beating though." Tove assure the young girl who looked to be as young as Wanda, "It's not much, but it's there."

Bianca sighs a little, shaking her whole body. But her frown barley leaves. "I didn't see this coming. I should've seen this coming but I didn't and now my best friend is dying-" The girl stops panicking when she realizes her voice gets too loud.

The poor girl reeks of pain and infection and the scent of fear, it amazes Tove that she didn't wake up to it alone. She looks worse than the photo that was shown to everyone at the Kree's little introduction. Her face is still covered with dirt and bruises. But she also has lost a lot of weight. Her shirt hardly clings to her chest and her shoulders stick out like cardboard. Her left ear is split at the cartilage with trails of blood from the cut down to her chin.

Tove starts to think the girl she's seeing is just a figment of her imagination due to how horrendous she looks. And she wasn't hiding her shock very well because Bianca starts smiling tierdly, reveliving bloodied teeth that probably were once as white as swans.