Chapter 29:Suspensions

It's Monday and I'm on my way to school and I'm kinda worried.Why?Because I have no idea what Mikel is gonna do.He won't answer any of my texts,calls,kik messages,or snapchats.And it's not as if he's ignoring everyone,he's only ignoring me!How do I know?He has talked to Stephen 3 times since I've seen him.I got Stephen to tell me what he says and it's not good.He says he's gonna beat Dwyane till he can't walk to get his diploma.I've been trying to reach him this whole car ride to school but still nothing.
I give up.I drop my phone on the seat next to me.I'm about 5 minutes away.I turn on the radio and chill.The remix to Drunken Love comes on.I turn it up and sing all of the Kanye West part.I sing Beyonces part too.As soon as Jay-Z's part comes on my phone rings, I pull into the school parking lot.I answer my phone and park.I didn't check who was calling.

???-Sorry for not answering this weekend just know I'm taking care of the problem.

W-Mikel?

M-yea.Wendy I gotta go.

W-no Mikel don't do anything

M-I gotta go.He ends the call
Damn I couldn't stop him.

I walk up to the school feeling defeated.
Why do I care anyways?He hasn't even called to apologize.

Even though I was trying to reassure myself I don't care about Dwyane it wasn't working.

~At lunch~

Nobody has seen Mikel the whole day.I'm starting to worry.Dwyane sat with some of his football buddies.So I assume he doesn't want to talk and it really is over.I told all the girls(except Layla of course).The boys(minus Stephen and Mikel)just know we broke up.

Right now I'm not really in the mood to laugh and joke around even though we only have one week of school left.I'm done eating lunch waiting for everyone to finish so we can go.

Jo-Is that Mikel?!

Me along with everyone at our table turn to see if it's him.

It is.He's marching through the crowd but not towards our table.I stand up to see where's he's going.
Oh no!

He's heading right for Dwyane and I can see the fury in his eyes grow with each step he takes.
Someone has to stop him.

I get up to but before I can move Mikel is over there.He taps Dwyane on his shoulder and as soon as he turns around Mikel throws a punch.
That looked like it really hurt.

Mikel drags Dwyane to the floor and starts punching him.By now everybody has crowded around them yelling
FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!

We approach them.I can't even see what's going on because of the full blown crowd of instigators.I push through the crowd and see so much blood its disgusting.

W-Mikel STOP!!!

He stops for a second to look at me and Dwyane throws his first punch.It didn't do anything but make Mikel even angrier.Mikel turned back to Dwyane and started pounding on him again.

Someone must've called a teacher because about 10 of the strongest teachers run and separate them.They need about 6 of them to hold Mikel back,2 to pick Dwyane up,and 2 to calm everyone down and get them to leave the cafeteria.They took Dwyane to,I assume,the nurse.Everyone has gone to their classes.Mikel has calmed down and is sitting surrounded by the 6 teachers.I start approaching them to maybe talk to him but I hear
Intercom-Will Ms.Wendy Chukumah come to the principals office.Thank you.

Are you serious?I go to the principals office and enter immediately.

P-please sit down.