twenty-six

Auston's POV:

I laughed at Mitch and Morgan as they messed around on the ice feeling good about being back from injury. I continued to laugh when I saw Freddie step onto the ice with familiar looking guy behind him. I stopped laughing and saw Brynn's brother Ryan talking with him. Freddie smiled at him as Ryan turned around to leave ACC. I skated over to Freddie.

"Since when are you and Ryan buddy-buddy?" He looked up from his stretching position and shook his head.

"I'm still close with the both of them. Didn't know I was supposed to stop being friends with them since you're with Jordyn now." I sighed.

"I never said that-" He laughed.

"No but you sure as hell implied it." I scoffed.

"And I'm not with Jordyn." It was his turn to scoff this time.

"Jesus Christ Auston. Do you know how stupid you sound. Maybe Brynn was right maybe you don't need to be in relationships period. You are sitting here stringing this poor girl along while she is sitting telling everyone that you guys are together. But the moment you get away from her you got another girl in bed. If you guys aren't together you might want to break that to Jordyn." He got up and skated down the ice.

I looked on shocked as Mitch and Morgan skated past me. Morgan stopped in front of me. "Dude What's Freddie's problem?"

I shook my head. "I don't know. I guess he is just having a bad day."

~AFTER PRACTICE~

I pulled off my shoulder pads and sat down getting ready to take off my skates when I got a notification from Instagram about Brynn posting something. I unlocked my phone and opened it.

BrynnValentine:Different view then normal for the next couple of years

BrynnValentine:
Different view then normal for the next couple of years. Thanks for welcoming me to the Kings family with open arms🏒🖤
👤: Alecmartinez27 lakings

My breath hitched in my throat at the picture. She still looked as beautiful as ever. I continued to look at the photo and noticed so she tagged. Why wouldn't she go after him. He is more mature then I am. He's more close to her age. I sighed and heard the door to the lockerroom open. "I really screwed up didn't I?"

Freddie sat down next to me. "Yeah you did. Doesn't mean it's the end of the world. If I were you just take some time off from girls. Figure out who and what you want."

I nodded at his words. I knew he was right but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing it. I know he wouldn't boast about it but he definitely would hold it over my head. He patted me on the pack and grabbed his phone heading out of the lockerroom. I looked back down at the photo and continued to replay Freddie's words over and over in my head.