Family Inquisition-Part 1

The next day wasn't awkward at all. Mostly because she did what she always does when things got tense. She ran away from the situation. She left him alone in his bedroom after a night of torrid, passionate, mindblowing sex. They had sex three times. THREE times. In one night. It was incredible. Out of this world, in fact. She didn't know it could be like this. It was beyond her wildest dreams that one could feel such pleasure. She couldn't believe she was no longer a virgin.

She had always been told by her mother and all the other women in her life that sex was for the pleasure of the man, the woman must just lie still and maybe they'd get a baby out of it.

But she didn't want a baby. Well, not right now. And she didn't want a husband. Devon certainly wasn't marriage material. Neither was she, a young girl on the run. No respectable man would want her. She knew that and she accepted it.

She spent the day exploring the town as a means of postponing going back to the cottage. She walked a few miles south not paying attention to exactly where she was going when she came across it. Not really a few miles. More like, a few hundred when she came across something that made her gut wrench and her stomach turn.

It was the last thing she wanted to see. She didn't know what or whom she wanted to run away from more. This or Devon.

She'd wandered into the next town over and had entered into the royal district. Trust her to not even know where it was. She was sure everyone in the whole country was aware of its location except for her. It was the royal family we were talking about. The palace was beyond beautiful. It was like nothing she had ever seen before with its high arches and grand design. She had heard about it before but the stories she heard didn't do it justice.

It would have made her previous self dreamy- eyed and giddy, but this self, this new self she created saw it for what it was with unfiltered eyes.

This was not a magical fairytale city, but a city of horrors. Dread filled her. This was a bad omen. This was exactly what she had been running away from and yet she landed right on its doorstep. Well, not exactly. It was far far away from her.

But still she could see it in the distance from where she was standing. It wasn't far enough. She didn't want to be in its presence any longer so she turned around and attempted to find her way back to her safe haven. The cottage. She didn't know when it became somewhat of a happy place, a safe haven. But it did. And that made her a little confused. Or a lot confused.

She knew that she was lost but she didn't think it would take her this long to find her way back. That what she got for wandering aimlessly in a town she wasn't familiar with.

It had been two hours now, that she had been searching for her way back. It looked like she had been walking in circles. She was beginning to panic. She wanted to sit down and cry and beg someone to find her but she had no one. No one cared about her and no one would come looking for her.

She was seconds away from actually falling down to the ground when she heard a sound. It sounded like the galloping of a horse. She looked up in amazement and her hazel eyes were met with two familiar eyes. They were angry eyes. Outright furious.

She was furious too. She hasn't wanted him to chase after her. He was the one she was running away from. Well, at this particular moment. She didn't want to be saved by prince charming like some sort of damsel in distress.

It was getting difficult to keep track of all the numerous people she was running away from. Maybe she should invest in a notebook of some sort. She was tempted to bolt away from him, right now. She assessed her odds of getting away. He was seated on a horse and she had only her legs.

She did the smart thing and marched none too happily over to the horse. A scowl plastered on her face. She would go back with him but she didn't have to be happy about it.

"A wise decision", Devon said irritably.

She chose not to comment further about their current situation and their previous ...predicament.

They continued their journey back to the cottage in complete silence. No one uttered a word the whole one hour horse ride back. How far had she walked if they had been travelling for so long?

She began to feel the aches in her feet when suddenly a large rumble erupted. She looked all around to try to figure out the location of the noise as she simultaneously gripped Devon in fear.

"It looks like it will rain soon.We should hurry and get home as soon as possible, the thunder has started, it won't be long before the clouds give out and it rains heavily.", Devon said, as if reading her mind.

Devon grasped the reins tightly in his hands and it seemed as if they were flying back to the cottage. Suzanna lost her balance slightly and had to grip Devon's waist to stabilize herself.
She somehow had held on to him for the whole journey and hadn't let go.

They arrived at the cottage wet, tired and completely famished.
Suzanna had instructed Devon to leave his soggy, mud-laden shoes outside in fear of messing up her hard work. He reached to open the door when suddenly, it opened itself and he came face to face with a stern ageing woman who was still quite beautiful for her age.

It was his mother.

His mother didn't even look at him. Her head whizzed straight passed his shocked face and landed on Suzanna's equally startled face.

"Who is this?", she questioned looking straight at Suzanna.

I hope you enjoyed this awkward drama-filled chapters.
Good luck for the next week!

Xoxo
Sara