THIRTY-TWO ➳ THE GAME OF LIFE

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
THE GAME OF LIFE
╚═════ ═════╝

"I'M GOING AFTER GOLD," Emma announced as soon as she walked into Granny's Diner, where Teresa sat with Snow, David, Henry, Regina and Hook, having breakfast

"I'M GOING AFTER GOLD," Emma announced as soon as she walked into Granny's Diner, where Teresa sat with Snow, David, Henry, Regina and Hook, having breakfast. Immediately they turned to face her with wide eyes. "He made this happen. He needs to answer for it."

"Careful. Don't go off half-cocked," Hook said.

David nodded. "Hook's right. He wants you angry."

"Yeah, well, I am angry. That doesn't mean he's gonna get what he's after. Do I wish I could change what I did to Cruella? Yes. But that's regret, not darkness. I think we've all done things we regret. Right now, we need to focus on one thing... How to keep Gold and the Author from causing any more damage."

"I might be able to help with that." Regina shifted in her seat and automatically moved closer to her son as Maleficent walked in.

"It now appears we have a common foe...Rumplestiltskin."

"Didn't he resurrect you?" Teresa asked with arched eyebrow.

Maleficent glanced over Emma to look at the archer. "To help himself, not me. Cruella's death only confirmed that."

Hook rolled his eyes. "Oh. Now you want to turn on him before he turns on you."

Regina grinned in amusement. "I knew Gold couldn't keep the dragon on her leash for long."

"What do you want?" Snow demanded, her arms folded tightly over her chest as she stared at the blonde.

"Nothing from you." Teresa's eyebrows furrowed, wondering why the hatred in her tone was directed toward Snow and David. "But your daughter, I hear, has a talent for finding people."

Emma narrowed her eyes in suspison. "Yeah, I do. Who do you want found?"

"My daughter."

Teresa's eyebrows shot up, she has a daughter?

"She's alive?" Snow asked, her voice laced with both relief and shock, further confusing Teresa.

"Yes. She survived the journey to this land...the journey you sent her on."

From beside Henry, Teresa's head snapped toward Snow, her eyes widen. "You did what to her baby? Snow, that's not like you. Why would you do that?"

"We didn't know what would happen, Teresa," David voiced, heaving a sigh.

"You want to prevent Rumplestiltskin from achieving whatever he wants. What better way than leaving this town and helping me?"

"I'm not running away from Gold," Emma declared.