Chapter Three: The Madness

• Dedicated to _MockingJayGold

Chapter Three: The Madness

Glaring at him. That was what I was doing early morning the next day. I asked Klaus to drive me to his residence last night but the older man told me to do that the next day. That’s why I stood inside his apartment glaring at him at five in the morning. He was still in his pajamas but he was wide awake now after a series of harsh waking process which included two slaps in the face and water poured on him.

He was a really heavy sleeper but I can’t deny that his sleeping face was cool and nice to look at. But another I noticed was that he was a morning person seeing as how he didn’t react too negatively from my method of waking him up.

“So, would you mind explaining to me what just happened?” I stated as we sat on his sofa sitting beside each other. He was drying his hair with a towel and well, I was, as stated earlier, glaring at him.

He stopped and he hid his face in his towel, “Sorry. I didn’t know that she had a scheduled interview. She rarely does that, you know.” He explained.

I sighed as I stared at his guilty appearance. It’s not like he wanted the media to find out nor did he planned to tell her that I was his girlfriend. I concluded it last night before I fell into a slumber. He was still in-love with her and she was not that’s why he wanted to show her that he had moved on. How utterly stupid, I thought but somehow, I sympathized with him.

“So, what do we do?” I inquired and he looked at me. His blue eyes were clear but they were not blank as they first seemed to be. They were guilty; I know they were.

“If you want, we can schedule a press-conference and say that it’s not true.” He paused, “Or just go along with it and let them believe we are a…”Again, he trailed off as if testing the word.

“…couple.” I finished for him and he nodded with a slight tinge in his cheeks and somehow, I think I’m starting to find that blushing cute. “If I’m being selfish, I’d go with choice A but that would defeat the purpose of you telling her I’m your girlfriend, right?” Again, he nodded and once more, hid his face beneath that towel. “I am starting to get irritated with that towel, you know.”

He looked at me and sighed before he removed it, completely exposing his naked torso. He spoke but his words escaped me as I inspected his sculptured body. Gorgeous is probably the word I was looking for but I truly believe that hot is more appropriate than that. Not only did he have a handsome face but his body had matured so well. As a photographer, I had seen many bodies like this but, something was different with him. It’s like it’s pulling me in, tempting me to touch those six packs—

“Iris?” His voice distracted me from my thoughts and I snapped, my eyes landing on him. He was staring at me with a raised brow before he looked down and gave me a shocked look. I blushed different shades of pink as I turned around, not wanting to make any eye contact. There was no sound of any sort and so, I turned only to find him smirking but I couldn’t help but notice the amused glint in his eyes, “You find me hot.”

My jaw dropped; that was…true though. But with my pride, I was never going to admit that I do find him, ah…attractive. “I believe you are merely being conceited.”

“Really?” He leaned closer.

“Yes.” I replied, still not making eye contact.

A clearing of the throat interrupted us and we both turned towards the direction of the door where Jake was, clad in his Ralph Lauren suit. “Sorry for the interruption but I do believe I need an explanation.” He sauntered towards us and took a sit on the single sofa opposite us, placing the newspaper on the coffee table that separated us. “Well?”