Chapter 7

"What the hell, Youngjae?", Namjoon sneered mockingly after he threw a quick glance at the other's phone.

Youngjae held his head down and pulled his earphones out, "What's wrong with it?", he mumbled quietly.

"It's complete shit, you should listen to better music than that"

"A-Actually it's my favorite group", Youngjae admitted, still avoiding eye contact.

"Well, that's just fucking sad", Namjoon patted his back with a bit too much force for Youngjae's liking and went to his own desk.

Just as Youngjae wanted to hide his earphones in his bag, they got snatched out of his hand. Surprised he finally looked up.

Jaebum was just putting them into his ears. When the music started to play he began nodding his head and hum approvingly from time to time.

The older had heard what Namjoon had said and it hurt him to see Youngjae's sad expression. Jaebum knew how devastating it was when someone made fun of the things you liked but he also knew how much it meant when someone showed genuine interest in it.

"You don't have to listen to it", Youngjae muttered and tried to get his earphones back but Jaebum dodged his hand.

"The song is quite catchy, do they have more?" Jaebum was sure that the song would be stuck in his head for the whole day but he actually really liked it.

Reluctantly Youngjae nodded and switched to the next one on his playlist. Jaebum held an earphone out to him so the two could listen to it together now.

"Oh! That's my favorite part!", Youngjae suddenly exclaimed, practically bouncing in excitement.

Jaebum watched the younger, who smiled widely and was swaying along with to the rhythm. It was adorable.

"Their music is amazing, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, yeah?", Jaebum wanted Youngjae to know that it didn't matter what Namjoon had said. The guy was a douche and his opinion shouldn't count.

Youngjae needed some time to fully process the whole meaning behind Jaebum's words but after a few seconds he flashed him a smile.

"I won't"

Jaebum ruffles his hair affectionately, "Thats what I wanted to hear"

Youngjae chuckled as his hair probably now looked like a complete mess.

"Wanna still meet after school?"

"Of course", JB grinned and went to his seat next to Jinyoung since the lesson would start in less than two minutes.

"You know I might get jealous if you keep being that nice to Youngjae", Jinyoung mumbled teasingly as JB plopped down on his chair.

"Oh please, you know you're my only muffin" the older pinched his cheeks.

"Ew, you know what? I want a divorce"

"That's a bit extreme don't you think?", JB raised an eyebrow but Jinyoung simply shrugged.

"Are you now going to say the typical 'it's not you, it's me' thing?"

"Hell nah, it's all your fault. I'm perfect boyfriend material. Besides I already got my eyes on someone else, someone way more attractive", Jinyoung winked and Jaebum ended up laughing. He tried to stifle his laughter as the teacher entered but to no avail. Jinyoung kicked him under the table, telling him to shut up but even he couldn't help the small chuckle that left his mouth.

Finally, after what seemed like years, school was over.

"I won't walk home with you today, I'm meeting up with Youngjae", he told his best friend.

"Would you look at that, not even five hours divorced and you already have a new lover", he shook his head as if he was disappointed.

"Didn't you say you have another one too?"

Jinyoung threw his bag over his shoulder and blew a kiss towards Jaebum. "You got me" After that he walked out, probably going to Mark and Jackson.

JB just watched his friend disappear fondly. He was glad to have him as a friend. The other's of course too. Hell, he'd do everything for those idiots. It wasn't even like they were just friends. Friends seemed too normal to them, they were more like a family.

"Are you ready Jaebum?", Youngjae lightly grabbed his sleeve to get his attention.

"Hm? Oh sure, let's go"

The two walked towards the library, their shoulders occasionally touching. Youngjae wanted to apologize the first time it happened but it didn't look like Jaebum minded the contact and neither did he.

When the two were seated Youngjae took his books out of his bag and placed them on the table.

"Okay so where should we start?"

Jaebum scratched the back of his neck. That was a good question because he didn't even know what he didn't understand.

"How about we start from the beginning of this topic?", Youngjae offered patiently.

"That sounds like the best idea"

Youngjae began to explain him everything from the start. Jaebum tried to follow as good as he could but had to ask occasionally if Youngjae could repeat it again. The younger took his time, making sure JB really understood it. Of course they couldn't go over everything in just one day but it was definitely a start.

"Youngjae my head feels like it will explode any moment", JB groaned after three hours. That might had been the longest time he was able to concentrate. It wasn't very hard to do so though, he found that he liked listened to Youngjae's voice. Even when he was talking about math.

"We can finish for today if you want to", he said and JB nodded.

"Thank you Youngjae for doing this, you really don't have to", Jaebum looked at the younger who smiled slightly up at him.

"Don't worry, I want to"

Jaebum couldn't help the grin that spread on his face. He was sure he looked like an idiot but didn't mind one bit.

"Wanna go eat ice cream?", Yes, he wanted to take a break from studying. That didn't mean he also wanted a break from Youngjae.

"Ice cream even though it's freezing outside?"

"How about some hot coffee?"

Youngjae nodded happily. "I'd like that"

Jaebum clapped his hands together in excitement and then began to pack his things as fast as possible, Youngjae doing the same.

"It'll be my treat", He announced as he saw Youngjae putting some money in his jacket pocket.

"You really don't have to pay for me"

"Shush"

"Did you just shush me?"

"Damn right I did"

Jaebum didn't know how far he could take his jokes and was scared he might have crossed a line but the cute giggle from Youngjae made all his worries vanish.

He smiled at the younger and pulled him out of the library, Youngjae was still giggling softly.