e i g h t e e n

"Merry Christmas, baby" Hailee smiled, pressing her lips to Niall's underneath the mistletoe that hung right above the doorway to the kitchen. Foley and I were eating breakfast and I couldn't help but keep my gaze on them instead of my cereal that was slowly getting soggy. I wish I could say I wasn't hurt, but I most definitely was.

"Merry Christmas, petal" Niall breathed out once they pulled away. I immediately darted my attention back to my cereal, hoping they didn't catch my stare.

Hailee spent the night last night so that she would be able to spend Christmas morning here since she would be at her family's after lunch. I don't have a problem with because she's so sweet and so friendly, I just have a problem with their relationship. (To no fault of her own)

"Morning guys! Merry Christmas!" Hailee cheered as she approached the counter.

"Merry Christmas!" Foley and I replied in unison, looking over at each other and giggling.

They joined us at the table and we made friendly conversation. I felt Niall's start from time to time, but I couldn't find it in me to look at him. I could barely handle the pet names between them, and I just had to watch them kiss right in front of me. It sucked, but what could I do? I know I said that I was over it, but it didn't mean that it didn't affect me anymore. I was over being mad at Niall, but most definitely not over the feelings.

Thankfully, breakfast went quick. Foley and I decided to give Niall and Hailee some alone time downstairs and went to the guest bedroom for a bit before going back down to open presents.

On Christmas Eve, Foley and I took a trip to Rodeo Drive for some last minute Christmas shopping. I already had Niall's gift, but we had to get something for Hailee. After much browsing, we decided on a nice shirt for her from the both of us. Foley also picked up some cool socks for Niall, because everyone knows how much Niall loves his socks.

My gift for Niall has honestly been wrapped and ready since a few days after he asked me to spend Christmas with him. I had put a lot of thought into it and was really proud of it, but now I'm too scared that it might seem too much of a 'girlfriend' gift. That wasn't a worry for me before, but now that he actually has a girlfriend, it didn't seem like the best idea.

After a bit, I received a text from Niall telling me to come down for gifts because Hailee was leaving soon. Foley and I grabbed ours and met them downstairs.

"And these are for Foley and Gabi!" Hailee cheered, handing us both neatly wrapped boxes.

"Aw, thank you!" I exclaimed before handing her her present, "And that's for you. From Foley and I"

"You guys are too sweet" She smiled. I really liked Hailee and in all honesty, if nothing had happened between Niall and I, I would think that her and Niall were cute together. But, things did happen between us and a small piece of me can't help but think that Niall and I would be cuter. Unfortunately he doesn't think so, or else it would be the two of us kissing underneath the mistletoe.

Hailee squealed when she saw the top from Free People, hugging both Foley and I as a sign of thanks. We did the same after opening the presents to find a cute beanie with a pom pom at the end for me and a cozy brown scarf for Foley.

She then gave her present to Niall which was a striped navy blue and white t-shirt, which he of course loved.

I secretly thought to myself how my gift was better and more sentimental. That was until Hailee pulled out part two of his present which was wrapped in a cute little box that fit in the palm of his hand. He gave her a curious look, chuckling playfully at the small size, and rattled it, hoping to hear what was inside.