0.4 - slim shady?

[edited 05/18/18]

[re-edited 09/01/18]

"bells, i'm leaving!" i called out to my best friend.

"oh!" isabella looked up from her spot at our dining table and grinned. she stood and shimmied her way over to me before latching onto me in a hug. "i love you. have a good day at work. be careful."

with a grin, i hugged her back before patting her head. surprisingly, we had been here for a week and isabella really loved her job. the other workers were all very nice and welcoming, the people who were staying here were pleasant, and best of all, she got free food out of it.

"i love you too. have a great day, text me when you're free and on your break. stay safe, kiddo."

she gave me a gummy smile before detaching from my side and going back to the puzzle she was putting together on the table; it was clear she cherished her alone time before she had to work.

after hailing a cab and taking a seat in the back, i let my thoughts drift off. we had been here one whole week, and neither of us was hating the experience yet. maybe things were still too new for us to hate them. i didn't know, and i didn't care to think about it any longer.

i paid the driver and thanked him before heading into my building and grinning. it was very satisfying to know that i managed to land a job at such a prestigious salon for my first job in korea. that had to be my biggest accomplishment, besides apparently being on the top 10 charts in korea for a few weeks and hitting #3 on the japanese oricon chart for 5 consecutive days (hyuk told me).

"man, i really should think about getting a car..." i muttered to myself as i entered, sighing.

"mmm?" minkyung hummed, looking up from his spot leaning against the reception desk. it was a habit of his to wait for me every day and walk with me to set up my stations. "where do you even live?"

i relayed the location of my housing to him and watched his eyes light up in excitement.

"ah! i live close to there, actually. i could always pick you up."

"yah, minkyunggie that's too much. you don't have to do that." i assured him, waving my hands rapidly at him.

we paused in front of the coat rack to put our outerwear away and the look he gave me was flatter than a wall.

"i'm going to start bringing you to work from now on, and you aren't going to argue." his gaze was icy as it fell to my own eyes. "is that clear?"

i blinked, not used to this side of minkyung. "um..."

he gave an exasperated sigh, reverting back to the boyish man i was used to. "kiyoungie, i said is that clear?"

"crystal, sir."