Great Expectations

"Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack." - Brandon Sanderson

Rhowette stared wide eyed into the serious faces of Alpha Gregory and Beta Abraham. Just some minutes prior she was enjoying the warmth of her personal human bed and now she was sitting in this rather immaculately clean study. She shivered slightly and felt Philips large hands enclose around her smaller ones under Alpha Gregory's rather huge table. She turned to at where Philip was seated beside her and nodded in thanks for the comfort. Her intuitions had always been correct. But right now she could not predict anything at all and that felt very threatening.

A deafening silence engulfed the room as all of its occupants remained wrapped in their own thoughts, up until Rhowette managed to whisper, "Alpha please what did you want to tell me?"

Alpha Gregory cleared his throat as though dispersing his clouded thoughts.

"Yes, so based on what you told my Beta about your family, we think we can hazard a guess on what you might be, but that will have to be confirmed. On the other hand..." Gregory started and turned to his Beta to continue.

"The house you lived in on the outskirts of the village was empty when we went to investigate. According to sources, the whereabouts of your step-father and step-brother are unknown. They were last seen at the airport, with a booked flight to Southampton. However, as to whether or not they got on the flight, no one knows," Abraham picked up from where Alpha Gregory stopped.

"Now to what we think you might be," Abraham continued, "We found your auntie. Your mother's sister and..."

"You found my auntie?" Rhowette interrupted as a huge grin split across her face.

"Wow, does she look like my mum? Did she want to see me? Did she even ask about me?"

"Whoa, slow down there. We haven't made direct contact with her yet. We just drew out records of what she is, where she lives and what she has been up to this entire time." Abraham threw in before Rhowette could get carried away with excitement.

Alpha Gregory shared a silent look with his Beta before turning to look pointedly at Rhowette.

"I am going to ask you a few questions and I want you to answer as honestly as possible. I think it will be better if Philip leaves us for a moment just in case."

Philip turned to look at Rhowette expectantly, hoping she will tell him to stay but she silently nodded in agreement and turned to Philip with a small smile.

"Thanks Phil, I'll be fine so you can leave. Don't worry."

With a sinking feeling in his gut, Philip reluctantly stood up and turned to leave his father's study. Maybe Rhowette did not need much looking after. And he mentally kicked himself for being all overly concerned and affected by someone who wasn't even his mate.

Rhowette slouched lower into her seat when she heard the door click shut, leaving her to face the alpha and beta of a werewolf pack. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined such a scenario. She had seen the hurt flash in Philip's eyes before he masked it and she had to admit that it got to her very much. But whatever it was the alpha wanted to ask her must have been sensitive for him to have suggested that his son should leave. With a sigh, she looked into the faces of Alpha Gregory and Abraham.

"So," she drew out, "what did you want to ask?"

"You are twenty, right?"

"Yes please."

"Well, have you indulged in any relations with anyone?"

Rhowette scrunched her face in confusion. "Any relations, what do you mean?"

Rolling his eyes Abraham muttered," He means have you had any sexual relation with anyone, be it kissing, making out, sex and all those other crude words you youngsters use these days?"

"Owwww," Rhowette uttered turning beet red, "No, I haven't."

Alpha Gregory looked at her for a moment, "No kissing, petting, nothing? You haven't even felt a need that you cannot control."

Rhowette felt anger surge within her. Why did everyone assume that all teenagers and growing adults had to be sex crazed?

"With all due respect, if you grew up how I did, you would have little time to be concerned about indulging in sexual pleasures. And what at all do these questions have to do with this situation?"

"Your aunt is a succubus." Alpha Gregory answered.

Rhowette felt her blood ran cold. Anyone who loved to read about paranormal and mystical creatures like her surely had to have come across this being once or twice.

"Are you telling me that you think I'm a sexdemon?"

Author's Note

Hi loves, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Sorry, so so sorry for the delay. My laptop has been messing up like crazy 😭😭😭. It's pretty pathetic. Anyway, a sex demon??? Hmmmmm.....well let me know what you think. In the mean time vote, comment and share. Your feedback means the world to me. Much love,

KellaYebba😘