Hanahaki Disease

Warning: some blood and vomiting

Evan's POV•

I feel so sick as I kneel down next to the toilet. I have been coughing out blue flower petals for the past couple of day. So I didn't go to school, but it's not like anyone would care. I'm just a nobody that it would be better if I just disappear. Not even Connor.. He's just your friend because he feels bad for your break up with Zoe. He would never love a worthless person like you.

I had a sudden urge to vomit and all that came out was more blue flower petals and some blood. That's when I started to panic, I hate looking at blood to long. I quickly made my way to my bed and cried into my pillow as more pain ran threw my body.

I here's phone buzz but I ignored it I didn't feel like talking to anyone. Though it kept going and going. STOP It stop it stop it leave me alone!! I cough out more blue flowers and continue to cry.

•Connor's POV•

Evan missed school again that made me really worried. He wasn't the person to just skip school for 3 days. I would try to contact him but he wouldn't answer making me think of the worse. What if he hates he? What if he had a really bad panic attack? Did he hurt himself again?

I needed to go to his house now even if I have to go in through the window. I quickly drove my way to Evans house and park near his driveway. I didn't see his mom's car, but his room light was on. I quickly climbed my way up to his window and open it slowly.

I see Evan curled up on his pain as cries in his pillow. "Hey Ev are you ok?" Evan turns to me and had a surprised look. He quickly wiped away his tears and starts to get up. "W- what are.. you d-doing here?.." I walk closer to him as he goes to the corner of his bed. "You were gone from school for 3 days. I was getting worried."

"You were getting worried about me?.." Evan finally looked up me with his pale face. "Yes I did. Now tell me what wrong?" I then noticed the blood stain on his pillow and shirt and some blue flower petals. "Evan what's this?" As I point to the pillow covered in blood and petals.

His eyes began to fill up with tears and he leans in my chests. "I.. I don't know.. what's going on... but it hurts Connor it hurts... I want it to stop!!" I rub circles on his back to calm him down and assure him it's going to be ok.

I know that this situation was really bad but having him in my arms again made me happy. He then pulls away from the hug suddenly and has a coughing fit. All I see was blood and flower petals come out and he continued to cry.

"Oh my god Evan! That's it I'm taking you to the hospital!" I grab Evan bridal style and ran my way downstairs to my car. I placed Evan down carefully though he was losing consciousness. I quickly drove my way to the hospital. Please I don't want to loss Evan he's all that I have in this broken world.

Third POV•

Connor paced back and fourth in the waiting room for a doctor to come. Eventually Evan's mom walks towards him with a worried face. "Is he breathing? Is he going to survive this?"

"Well he's stable for now, they ran some test and he seems to have Hanahaki Disease?" Connor clearly did not know what that was and Heidi figured as well. "The Hanahaki Disease illness is from one-sided love, the patient throws up and coughs of flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. Maybe it from his recent break up from Zoe, or maybe someone he think is one sided. If he doesn't confess soon he might not make it" 

Heidi said the last statement with a hurt expression. The last thing she wanted was to almost loss her son again. "Is he awake? Can I see him please?" Connor asked. Heidi nods and shows him the way to Evan's room. Connor couldn't stand Evan being in so much pain.

Evan saw Connor coming into the room and he tried to sit up but he had no energy. "Evan relax. Are you feeling better?" Evan looked at Connor with his pink puffed up eyes. "Y-yeah the medicine they gave m.. me helped me.. s.. stop coughing"

Connor needed Evan to confess who he had feeling for. He really didn't want to be Zoe, she hurt him so much after their break up. All Connor wanted was to have Evan to himself. "Evan your mom told me that the only way for you to get better is. To confess your feeling to your 'one-sided love'. "

Evan turned his head around he couldn't bring himself to tell Connor that he liked him. "I.. I can't" Connor got up and went up to Evan's face. "What do you mean you can't. Evan you want this pain to go away right. It just a simple thing who cares if it's Zoe!"

"It's not Zoe! It's... someone else.." Evan felt more tears coming out of his eyes. "Then who is it? Come on Evan all I want it for you to get better. I hate seeing you like this." Connor then reached over to wipe away Evan's tear until Evan moved it away. "You'll probably hate me after I tell you I like you!"

Evan then realized what he said and covered his mouth. "You like me?" Connor couldn't believe it Evan actually likes him, though Evan was crying to himself. "I.. I know you hate me now.. w.. Why would anyone like you like me ba-" Evan was cut off by having Connor's lips connected to his.

At first he hesitated but he eventually kissed back. They both felt so alive kissing one another. Evan pulled away from the kiss first so he could finally breathe. "Evan I love you" Evan was so happy hearing those words he pinched himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "I love you too Connor" Connor then rubbed more circles on Evan's back. While Evan cried on his shoulders, but this time tears of joy.