Epilogue

Winter is here. This was the one phrase Emmelyne heard as she walked back toward the infirmary. The white raven had flown from the Citadel, and the snow had begun to fall. "Father was always right," she whispered to herself.

Servants bowed to her while she walked. It was strange, to say the least. All she could think about was Robb. The self-proclaimed 'King in the North.' She wondered if he'd been bowed to wherever he went. Emmelyne missed her big brother. She missed her father. She missed Arya, wherever she was. She missed Bran. Emmelyne even admitted to herself that she missed her mother.

Catelyn had tried to be a good mother. Emmelyne knew that now. She'd smashed the ruby because she thought- knew- that it was harming her daughter. "I was only sixteen," Emmelyne tried to tell herself. "I know what I did was wrong because I'm older now."

She supposed that she was about twenty-two, and that was funny to her. It was funny to think that she'd spent years traveling and hiding. Learning from Cersei Lannister. Being tortured by a cruel boy king who was murdered at his own wedding. Falling in love with Sandor Clegane. Meeting the Brotherhood Without Banners.

She wondered what adventures she'd have next.

She wondered about all of the things she'd experienced.

Emmelyne concluded that there was more to come.

That there were things she would never be able to prepare for.