Chapter Nine

#TeamInterview

[ IX ] ENNA SONA - OK JAANU
WHEN SHE'S NEAR ME, SHE WARMS ME. WHEN SHE LEAVES ME, MY HEART BURNS.

Varun and Alia make their way into the studio, the familiar music from the Koffee With Karan intro playing in the background as they take their seats.

Varun had told Alia previously to make sure that her body language assured that they were a couple, which is why Alia made sure to sit as close to Varun as possible. Varun had taken his hand in hers, their fingers fitting together perfectly like a puzzle piece.

❝Welcome back, Varun❞ Karan smiles warmly. ❝And for Alia, it's your first time being on the show, obviously❞ Karan states glancing over at Alia who nods briefly.

❝I'm honoured to be here, Karan.❞ She says, keeping her words short.

❝As I've already mentioned on my social media pages, this episode of Koffee With Karan is not going to be like any other episode we've done before❞ Karan says, glancing between Varun and Alia as he spoke. ❝And the reason behind that is because we are here to discuss the relationship between the two of you.❞ He adds making gestures with his hands as he spoke.

Varun glances over at Alia with a smile playing in his eyes. ❝Are the rumours true? What is your current relationship status, Varun?❞

❝Yes, the rumours are true. I'm taken by the one and only, Alia Arora❞ Varun comments with a smile as he shifts his gaze from Karan to a blushing Alia.

❝How long have the both of you been seeing each other?❞ Karan questions.

❝It's nearly been a month❞ Varun says, looking towards Alia again who nods in agreement with his statement.

❝Why did the both of you decide to keep the relationship secret for such a long time, may I ask?❞ Karan queries.

❝I guess the both of us just felt that when we're ready to tell the public about us, we will. We didn't feel that we had to quickly tell every single person we knew, it wasn't like that at all. We decided to keep it low-key until, well, now❞ Varun comments.

❝So the both of you decided to keep the relationship low-key or was it Varun who decided and you just went along with the idea, Alia?❞ Karan questioned further.

Alia was more than certain that Varun had already mentioned that the decision was made between both of them, but she decided to emphasise.

❝It wasn't just a decision made by Varun, I also shared the same opinion towards the matter❞ Alia says, each word she spoke causing her heart to pound faster.

Well, she wasn't exactly used to sitting in front of cameras and talking about her personal life. Being around Varun was easy, it felt natural as if she'd known him for years. But being interviewed about her love life, it was difficult. Especially since it wasn't even a real relationship, it was fake.

❝How did the both of you meet?❞ Karan smirks.

Alia decides to stay silent this time, knowing that she isn't the best at improvising. She glances over at Varun waiting for him to speak up and answer the question. She figured that he must be good at improvisation since he is an actor, after all.