SIXTEEN

Chapter Sixteen

-

"Oh you look absolutely stunning! I can't believe that you are getting married to Gilbert Blythe!" Anne squeals in excitement.

"I can't believe she's even getting married at all, " I turn and quickly glare at James who was grinning at me," but my lovely wife here is right. You do look beautiful." I smile at him and look back at the mirror. Indeed the dress was beautiful. The shoulders and arms made of the finest lace and the rest was white silk. Fitted at the top and flowed down at the bottom. My hair was in waves. Today was my wedding. Gilbert proposed to only a month ago. He wanted us married and he wanted to call me his wife. Today was the day. I finally squeal in delight and happiness. James checks his watch.

"Its time. You ready?" He asks and I nod. He takes my hand we walk through the halls. The doors open and I see Gilbert at the end of the aisle. James and I look at each other with a grin. He was thrilled when I asked him to walk me down the aisle and was even more thrilled when Gilbert asked him to be his best man.

"Just say the word and we are out." He whispers and I chuckle lightly.

"I am never leaving again." I say and he nods. The music starts and we walk down the aisle. We get to the end and Gilbert gently takes my hand. We grin as we stand in front of each other.

"You look gorgeous." He says as he stares at me in awe. He looked so handsome and I could not stop staring. The preacher starts the wedding but I couldn't hear a thing. I only saw Gilbert and him alone. Nothing mattered but him.

" Gilbert Blythe will you take Elizabeth Lightwood as your wife to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse,for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do." He says truthfully.

"And do you Elizabeth Lightwood take Gilbert Blythe as your husband to have and to hold from this day forward, for better ,for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?" I smile at him.

"I do." I say and the preacher smiles and we put our rings on each other.

"Well then Mr.Blythe you may kiss your bride." We smile at each other and he pulls me towards him into a kiss. Everyone starts to clap and we pull away and intertwine our fingers. We walk done the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Blythe.

We get into the carriage and wave goodbye to everyone. He looks at me and kisses me passionately.

"I'm so glad I didn't let you leave. Now for as long as I live you are never leaving."He says and kisses my hand.

"That doesn't sound so bad." I say and he smiles. I decided that I wanted to move back to Avonlea and decide to just be local detective right here. It wasn't a hard decision. This is my home and I'm with the people I love. I have already moved my things into the Blythe house. Eliza Blythe. I cant believe i was married to the love of my life.

"I love you,Mrs.Blythe" He says with that smile that I fell in love with when we were young.

"And I love you,Mr.Blythe." The carriage stops and I see our home. We get out and he picks me up bridal style.

"I cant believe I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world." I blush and kiss him. He quickly opens the door and we walk in.

"How many children do you want to have?" He asks me and I narrow my eyes.

"I don't know. What about you Mr.Blythe?" I ask and smiles at me.

"Six or Seven and I think we should start now Mrs.Blythe." I smack him on the side of the head and he gives me a look. He puts me down and kisses me.

"I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with you" He says and I nod in agreement.

"Oh you are so in for it. You're in trouble now Gilbert Blythe." I say and he grabs my face and kisses my nose.

"I'm counting on it" I kiss him and I cant wait to spend the rest of my days with him with the man I love. I guess we really were meant to be

_____________________

THE END