Chapter 40

Harry's POV

I finally make it back home. It's been about three hours since I left and it feels weird to be out of the house that long. I don't know why, but something doesn't feel right when I walk in. The air is brighter, less tense. The room has a little scent of something other than alcohol. I look around before looking upstairs and seeing my door is open. The next thing I notice is the blood trail up the stairs. My mind races and the first person I think of is Izzy.

"Izzy?" I call running up the stairs and into my bedroom. It's empty. I search the whole house before ping back to my room and looking around.

There's more blood drops by the closet door and with out thinking I open it up quickly. The picture frames are scattered more than they were before and I notice a picture is missing. One of me. Izzy said it was her favorite picture of me and that she would look at it every day if she could. I offered to give it to her but she said that I should keep it to remind myself to be happy. But I really just did it because I love the way she would stare at while she was over here. With out thinking too much I call Derek, with my stupid house phone that I never thought I'd need.

"Hello?" He answers

"Where's your sister?" I ask.

"Harry? I don't know, why?" He asks.

"Uh. I was just wondering if she was doing alright. Look, I was stupid for calling. I gotta go, bye." I say and hang up. The next one I think of is Louis.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Louis it's Harry. Where's Izzy?" I ask.

"She's safe." He tells me.

"Like where safe?" I try to stop myself from thinking she's with him.

"Uh. My house safe." He says.

"What the fuck?" I yell. "I'm coming to get her." I say walking toward the door.

"No! She's asleep and she thinks you're gone. I won't touch her I promise." He tells me.

"I don't give a fuck. She's not staying with you. Ever." I yell, again.

"Harry. She's destroyed. She'll be even more torn apart than she is. She needs to sleep. Give her time." He says. Who the fuck is he and what did he do with Louis. I sigh and turn around. I notice that my journal is gone too. She really does think im gone. If she knew I was still here, she wouldn't have broken in, in the first place.

"I need you to do me a favor." I say.

"What?" He asks.

"She has my journal. I need it back." I tell him.

"That's yours? Dude she has that thing grasped as close to her body as possible." He informs me.

"I don't care. Get it back, or I will." I tell him. I hear him sigh before he unwillingly agrees.

I hang up the phone and almost throw it to the wall, but stop when I remember that I could need it. What did I get myself into? This is why I don't fall for people. But she's not 'people', she's a person, and a damn good one to say the least. This carefree side of her needs to stop. Especially now that she thinks I'm gone. Like England gone. She really thinks I would leave her? Well yeah, I don't blame her.

She was here. She was actually here. And the one time I'm gone too. I always miss these opportunities. Always. Why did I just leave her with her dad? She probably hates her dad now. She probably hates me too, though. I didn't know what else to do. I needed to get away from there. I needed to leave and think and come up with what to do next. My actions weren't exactly the best decision. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Cause I'll do it again. I know I will.