Chapter 1- *Kay the Cuz*

After a long morning of making reservations, I was exhausted. My head was throbbing in an excruciating pain and I decided to take a nap. I woke up a couple of hours later around 3:00 pm. My father was on tour with Chris, so I was stuck at home with my nagging mother. I didn't feel like putting up with her so I decided to sneak out. As I began to plan my sneaking mission, my cousin, Kay, entered my room. I quickly flipped over my notepad and stared at her, irritated.

"Didn't I tell you to knock?" I snapped.

"What's that you got there? Toooori." she asked stretching my name.

"What do you want?"I replied (a bit harsher then I meant to).

"To know what you're hiding."

"I mean what did you come in here for."I replied, now agitated.

"I guess I could just leave and ask your Mooo-"

"Okay, I am going to the mall" I cut her off.

"What time do we leave?"she replied

"We?" I asked holding back my urge to bang her head against the wall.

"Yes. We. Unless you want Mommy to--"

"Ugh! Wait in the car." I groaned.

"Ok" she said with mock innocence as she grabbed her clutch and went to the car.

This was going to be a long ride.

******************************************

Soon as we left the driveway, Kay began her annoying dramatics. Before I could blink, I was hearing about her "New Extreme Diet" a.k.a her NED. Apparently, being captain of the freshman cheerleading squad required an extreme diet to make it to the sophomore team. I tried to explain that it was unnecessary to manage everything you eat as strictly as she was saying, but instead we ended up arguing.

"Honestly, I have to much pressure on meeeeeee. How in the world am I supposed to do this. This is soooo unfair".

"Aren't you the captain of squad? Can't you just change your rules yourself? I mean who is making you do this?"

"Of course I'm the captain. Who else has the perfect amount of skill, sass, and stunts? And nobody's making me do this but I talked to the ex-co-captain(because I couldn't reach someone as high as the captain) and she said the captain did it and I just wanted to be as cool as her so I'm gonna do it."

"Wow. Well I think they have salads."

"Do the salads have lettuce?"

"Ummm.....They usually do."

"Well I can only eat lettuce that comes from the Holy Tree deep in Bora Bora."

"This is ridiculous. If you say another word, I swear I will leave you on the street."

She was quiet the rest of the ride.