The Promise [Part 1]

~~~~~~~~~
(Child Genji x Child Reader)
~~~~~~~~~

The day was coming to a close end as a little boy sat next to a girl younger then him by the Shimada castle, watching the sunset together. "(Y/N), what do you want to do when we get older?" The boy asked as (Y\N) looked at him with a smile. "I want to be with you, silly! We can be together forever and no one can get in the way Genji!" (Y/N) giggled as her legs swinged back and forth. Genji stopped for a moment before smiling widely. "You want to do that? Really?" Genji questioned as (Y/N) nodded her head.

"Well... then why don't we make a promise?" Genji suggested as (Y/N) looked at him in confusion. "What kind of promise?" (Y/N) asked. "My mother and father told me about this tradition they did when they got together. It was a little doll that resembled their life or something for one another... I was thinking maybe we could do that so we could be together forever!" Genji blushed as (Y/N) smiled brightly, not truly understanding what he ment. "Okay! But where are we going to get a doll?" (Y/N) asked as Genji stood up.

"I've got one in my room that I was planning on giving to you on your birthday, but it'll work. I hope you don't mind." Genji sheepishly replied. (Y/N) stood up and grabbed his hand. "I don't mind at all, as long as I get to keep a hold of the doll. I'm sure you'd lose it." (Y/N) giggled. Genji rolled his eyes before walking in hand with (Y/N) to his room. Once at his door, Genji rushed in and went straight to his bed. Looking underneath, Genji pulled out a box. Opening it, Genji taken out a small clay owl. Its eyes were missing and looked unfinished.

"Sorry if it doesn't look good. I was planning on finishing it before your birthday..." Genji shyly said as (Y/N) took a hold of it. "Aw, its so cute Genji! I love it! Can we finish the eyes though? It looks funny without eyes." (Y/N) said, looking at the detail missing. Genji nodded his head before getting a few paints out. "What color of eyes should we put on it? I was hoping that maybe we could do green eyes." Genji said as he dipped a small paintbrush into the green paint. (Y/N) looked at the owl before looking at the other colors. "How about we do two colors. Both eyes a different color. I would do (f/c) and you can do green." (Y/N) suggested.

"Yeah! We could do that!" Genji smiled as he took the owl carefully and paint the left eye green. (Y/N) painted the other eye (f/c) and waited for the paint to dry. "What now? What else are we supposed to do with it?" (Y/N) questioned. "I think we're going to make a wish now. I make a wish and you make one too, I think?" Genji replied as (Y/N) awed before closing her eyes. "I wish for me and Genji to stay with each other forever! That we'd live happily ever after!" (Y/N) said happily as Genji blushed. "Genji! Make your wish too! What are you going to wish for?" (Y/N) asked as she looked at him.

Genji thought for a moment before closing his eyes. "I wish to stay by (Y/N)'s side and protect her with my everything. I want to bring her all the happiness she deserves..." Genji whispered and sighed. (Y/N) frowned at Genji's mubbles. "Genji, what did you say? What was your wish?" Genji smirked at (Y/N). "I can't say, you'll have to find out later on." Genji snickered as (Y/N) pouted started playfully punching him. As they were distracted, the little clay owl eyes glowed a faint green and (f/c) after they made their wish before the glow vainshed, signifying the promise that was made between the two young children.