A Kiss

*Jason's pov*

I was laying on the roof of my cabin, looking up at the sky with my mask off.
I found I liked having my face uncovered when I was at home, and it made me able to relax more for some reason.
I had closed my eyes to listen to the sounds of the forest when I heard the sound of nails clawing wood.
I could tell right off the bat who it was, there was not other presence in my tartitory for once besides me and "Michael" I said looking over at the tall figure walking twords me on the rooftop.
"Hey. Do you mind if I sit with you" he asked pointing next to me, I shook my head and sat up.
It had been almost 2 weeks sence Michael came to stay with me. And I'll admit he's not bad company.
When Michael sat down he scooted a bit closer to me and scratched his neck. "Um, I've been meaning to ask you.." he said looking slightly different than normal.
I turned my head to him and raised an eyedrow. "Uh.. how did you get into the whole killing thing?" He asked.
For a moment I was wondering why he seemed so hesitant to ask the question, its not like its an embarrassing thing to ask.
I shrugged and put my thumbs togeather trying to come up with a response, I figured out why he was struggling to ask me that. Were both socially awkward, and the reasoning for me being a killer are personal.
"Well... its a long story." I said trying to avoid answering, "It's not like im going anywhere." Michael responded, I looked to the side before nodding.
"I was young, just a kid about 11 years old, my mom was the only person who really cared about me.
My dad was a drunk and abusive, he did somethings that I didnt understand and that I still kinda dont..." I said rubbing the back of my neck.
"My mom eventually divorced him and we moved from the city to the country, not to far away from here actually. But my mom got a job at the camp as a cook, and I was told I was allowed to spend my summer here, I was so excited I could finally get to know someone my age.
I don't remember much about the whole summer, but... the part thats edged in my brain.." I paused and pulled my legs up to my chest, "The kids didn't really like me.. because I was short and I was shy, so I kept to myself for the most part.
At least until I got noticed.. a couple of kids were talking about swimming, I was kind of eavesdropping and I entered into the conversation by asking if they really knew how to swim as well as they said.
One of the kids looked at me and asked 'can you even swim' now I didn't want to sound stupid in front of the first kid who would actually acknowledge my existence, so like an idiot I said yes I did even though I had never touched a surface deeper than a bathtub in my life." I stopped and thought about that day, when I could get my head above water, and how I could feel it filling my lungs.
Micheal just watched me, "too keep it simple I was pushed into the water and they watched me drown" I said Michael looked down then he glanced over at the lake, "right there?" He asked pointing to the dock.
Without looking I nodded and he put his hand on my shoulder, "im sorry" "its ok, but as to why I started killing. My mother swore revenge on my death and the next group of teens that came to the lake to help restore it my mom slaughtered them like sheep, that is until a blonde girl got the upper hand on the edge of the lake and sliced her head off.
I saw the whole thing.. I said to myself that I would kill any and every person who stepped foot on my camp grounds." I finished, Michael just sat there looking at me. "What?" I asked I got no answer.

*Michael's pov*
I was mesmerized by Jason, I was really interested in his story but I couldn't help but stare at him. The way he spoke, I found it captivating.
I'll have to admit he was growing on me, and not just as my friend, over time I startec having feelings for him I know that sounds strange coming from me but I liked everything about him.
I found myself stuck in that stare not wanting to look away or say a word. I dont know how long I was looking at him or how long he was trying to get my attention but when he did "Michael? Hello?" Jason said snapping me out of my trance "Oh my bad" I said shaking me head.
Jason chucked at me "did I bore you that much?" He said with a slight smile "No No! I was just intrigued by your story I kinda-" I couldn't finish my sentence I literally had no words.
'I can't just tell him that I was starting at him because I think he's sexy... what the hell did I just say?'
Jason broke my thoughts by tapping me on the shoulder, "its ok im glade you listened to me" I slightly smiled at that.
After our little awkward moment we spent the rest of the day telling stories from our past experiences, encounters, different things that we've had to see deal with. We talk and laughed the day away and our conversation went on well into the night.
I really did like Jason he shared my sence of humor and he made me laugh, something I find hard to do unless your begging me for mercy.
Either way me and Jason became friends on that roof and It only got Stronger the more we spoke.