Chapter 25: Strawberry Cake

Hello minna~

I AM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATES! My friend is forcing me to catch up to her on Homestuck. She is on Act 6 and I'm on Act 3.

Who screwed them self over?! This gurl! *points at self with both thumbs*

....I need help

This chapter is dedicated to wutbook! Happy Birthday!

-MustacheNarwhalz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Jellal's POV~

We sat silently together in the girls' hotel room. The guys seemed more quiet and focused intently on their food.

The girls sat scattered around the table. Mira was serving the food her and Erza had prepared. I noticed that most of the girls were looking at the wounded and bruised Natsu, as well as the once-thought-to-be-dead Gray.

Gray was apparently found, even after getting warned by Mira and Lucy, sleeping in the same bed as Juvia. He had his arms wrapped around her and was holding her tightly to his chest. This would have been the most adorable thing, if it wasn't for the fact that Gray had been bare naked.

Natsu only had a few bandages wrapped around his arms and head. Gray, however, was in a full body cast and a wheelchair.

"So, how was your date last night?" I heard a faint voice from across the table. Wendy was smiling eagerly at me.

I gave her a faint smile and wrapped my hands together, "Well, Wendy" I looked over to see of Erza was looking. She was and I continued, "I had the most magnificent date with a beautiful friend of yours. And I would gladly do it again."

I heard a few utensils fall from certain people's hands as everyone had become frozen in place. My expression had not changed at all, and I still wore a proud smile with a faint blush on my cheeks.

I looked back to the kitchen, where I saw Erza attempting to look as if he ha not been listening. Her face was a bright red color that matched her own hair. Erza's kind eyes were shot open wide. She was trying to whistle an inaudible tune to something.

Mira had stopped functioning all together. She always acted different whenever there was any hint of affection between her friends. I honestly found it entertaining.

Wendy was giggling to herself, "Is that so? I think she enjoyed just as much as you did, Jellal."

I felt my blush grow slightly more intense. Erza had looked worse by Wendy's comment. She came into the room screaming, "Shush Wendy! Anything I told you about the events of the previous night should be remain strictly confidential between the two of us!"

Erza was wielding a wooden spoon as if it was one of her beloved swords. She had a pink spotted apron wrapped around her chest. I noticed a small blotch of food batter residing on her cheek.

I stood up from my spot at the table and walked behind the unsuspecting red head. I grabbed the deadly spoon from her grasp from behind her. He spun around only to be face to face with me.

I smiled devilishly, waving the spoon above me. I pressed the tip of my index finger to her nose, "You know, you can make anything a deadly weapon so we should probably just keep stuff away from you at all times."

I took my finger off her blushing nose and instead used it to wipe off the batter from her cheeks. I stuck the new batter covered finger into my mouth. "Mmmm. I guess your making us some brownies! Tastes delicious, can't wait to try it!"

"I.....uhm....uh..."

"But you know what would be so much better?" I leaned forward so our noses were almost touching, "A piece of your famous strawberry cake! You must make it for me sometime!"

"Fine then. When must I make this cake of yours?" She turned back to her usual self. Erza crossed her arms over her apron, leaning her hip to one side.

"How about tonight?"

"Fine then!"

"Shall we call it a date?" I smiled.

Her face dropped, restricting her from speaking in correct words and sentences.

Before I could get a response from her, I heard someone slam their fist on the table. We all turned and looked at the upset Gajeel. "Hey wait. Tonight was game night!"

There was a murmur of agrees. I had totally forgotten about that! I raised my hands in apology, "Sorry, sorry! I just forgot! Erza, maybe you could bake me that cake some other time?"

She still remained speechless. I laughed as I sat backdown and began to munch down my lunch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shortness of the chapter.

But the JeRza moments should make up for that, right?

Please vote and comment!

Thanks

-MustacheNarwhalz