cant sleep (cute)

*found this on tumblr*

Sometimes sleep was a difficult thing to achieve. More often than not, you were awake playing Angry Birds or Earn to Die on Brad’s phone while the other boys slept soundly in their bunks. It wasn’t that you were an insomniac exactly, just that sleep was a little more difficult to grasp for you than most.

Tonight wasn’t any different.

It had become habitual to drown Tristan and James’ snoring out, something you had perfected in the first week of touring. Tristan had only began to break off into a conversation about butterflies moments before Brad emerged from his own bunk.

Considering you were occupied with ignoring Tristan and engrossed in a match of Angry Birds, it wasn’t a surprise you hadn’t noticed him. “It’s three a.m, love.” His voice was croaky with sleep, something that contrasted so well with his usual tones. “What are you doing awake?”

Thoroughly entranced, you didn’t even bother to look his way. “Couldn’t sleep. Y’know, the usual.”

You heard his necklace jangle as he sighed. “Alright, c’mon.”

“I’m fine.”

“You need sleep.”

You shrugged, softly biting your tongue in concentration. “I can sleep tomorrow. Don’t worry about me. You guys are the ones who need the sleep.” When your phone was abruptly ripped from your fingers, you immediately swiped to take it back. “Brad, give it back! I was about to beat that level!”

Someone suddenly groaned rather obnoxiously. “Just shut up already!”

Connor’s lighthearted voice quickly followed. “Don’t ruin the moment Tris!”

Brad watched you with an impatient gaze, clearly not about to hand the confiscated device back. With a defeated grumble, you stood and moved towards his bunk. It was easy enough to slip inside, especially with Brad’s warmth still there. He followed suit, almost crushing you against the wall in the process.

When his movements finally ceased, you effortlessly tucked yourself against him. With your head against his chest and your legs tangled together, it was difficult to see where you began and he ended.

Softly, he asked, “Good?”

You nodded, unfazed as he slipped an earphone into your ear. You smiled as his fingers ghosted past your cheek, peering up to catch him smiling himself. Though his eyes were heavy with sleep, it was impossible to name another who was more lovely than he.

A moment later, your playlist began.

While the music was soft and dulcet, it wasn’t what always seemed to lull you to unconsciousness. Rather, it was the boy at your side. Perhaps it was his scent, one that reminded you of early, raining mornings. Or perhaps it was his warmth. As much as he liked to complain that he could never seem to get warm, it was as if his body was a constant furnace.

As the song ended and another began, he gently hummed along.

As you lost yourself between the melody and vibrations resonating from his chest, you began understanding that there was no, one thing about Brad that calmed you. It was simply him. It was his fingers tracing lines down your arm, his breath fanning into your hair as he tucked his nose against you, his breaths mirroring yours as you breathed.

Sometimes sleep was a difficult thing to achieve — except when Brad was around.

Halfway through a bowl of Fruit Loops, Tristan emerged from his bunk. With the shades now open and the sunlight peering through the windows, it was no surprise he had tugged the hood of his jacket over his head.

Beside you, with your feet in his lap and busy tapping away on his phone, Brad grinned delightfully. “Good morning, love.” Tristan merely grunted as he began fishing through drawers, surely searching for his precious cereal.

James emerged from the bathroom then, setting up camp on beside Brad. “Is Con still asleep?”

“Don’t blame him. Had to listen to the sweethearts over here all night.” Tristan mumbled through his munching. Your cheeks suddenly felt warm, something that always seemed to happen whenever Brad’s and yours relationship was ever at the front of the conversation.

James looked your way, grinning cheekily. “Oh, were they at it again?”

Tristan turned to lean against the counter, dipping his spoon into his bowl to retrieve another bite. “Oh? You didn’t hear them?” He scoffed and smirked. “As loud as they’ve ever been.”

“We weren’t doing anything!” Brad, clearly unaffected, merely smirked and remained quiet. “He stole my phone and wouldn’t give it back!” The boys merely watched you with unconvinced looks, smirking and exchanging knowing looks.

James brought up something to do with an interview then, pulling the attention away from you. Once the color faded from your cheeks and you continued with your cereal, you felt a tug at the hem of your sweatpants. When you looked up, eyes meeting his, you smiled.

As much as the boys loved teasing you, you knew it was out of love.

Especially when Brad smiled at you as if you were his world.