Cat's out of the Bag

(A/N: Ok this one is a little longer. I didnt feel like splitting up the chapters. Sorry. xD)

I yawned as we entered the next isle. I shouldn't have gave up sleep, but overall it was worth it. As Mustang rambled on about something I didn't care about, I parted from him and entered a book shop that specialized on Alchemy.

It was dark, only a few windows were placed around the room. There were many selves and cases, filled with thick books. I started searching, grabbing a red book right away. I paged through it, then moved on, adding to the books I wanted. By the time I made my way to the counter, I had a stack of seven.

The cashier told me the price, then I realized my flaw, no money. I swore under my breath. "Can you start a tab?"

The man looked at me as if I was an idiot. "You're not a State Alchemist, so nope." He popped the 'P'. The man reached for my books suddenly, leaving me frowning, but didn't walk away. Instead, he put the books back on the counter.

"How can I help you sir?" He said to someone behind me. I looked, and there was Mustang holding out his watch as if he was the coolest thing around.

Mustang grinned once he saw my expression, and then moved me aside. "I'd like to buy those." I snorted, then went to wait outside. He came out a few minutes later, a bag full of the books.

"Thanks," I said as we walked to the military headquarters.

He gave me a look. "You could have asked." He sped up, leaving me behind him.

By the time the military building was in sight I had fallen far behind. I could see Mustang on top the stairs already, tapping his foot impatiently. When I finally reached the top, he started walking again, this time not leaving me in the dust.

"I know you're going to looove my office, and loooovvvee my staff. They did save your life you know." He spoke as we went to the second level. What was that about I asked myself. We stopped in front of two big brown doors, Mustang gestured to them. "Open 'em up, my hands are kind of full."

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed a door. "You're carrying a bag of books, oh wow, how amazing!" I said sarcastically.

"Damn straight." He said, walking into the room.

A long table that could seat about twelve people sat in the middle of the room. Yet only five spots were taken. Ahead of that was a grand desk, organized and spotless. Sitting closest to the desk were Havoc and a girl with blonde hair, put up in a bun. There were a few people I haven't met yet, a boy about my height with cropped black hair and glasses, a large man with short orange hair, and a older looking man with gray and black hair.

They all stood attention when Mustang entered, but lost it when they saw me. They yelled numerous comments, like 'oh someone recovered well.' 'who brought the shrimp' and... hey wait minute.

"Who called me a shrimp!" I yelled over their babbling. They quieted and pointed at Havoc. "Oh, never mind then." I said as I sat down by him. He ruffled my hair while saying greetings.

Mustang called attention again, introducing them to me and me to Breda, Falman, Furey, and Hawkeye.

"Cool names," I said awkwardly. That caused the room to burst into laughter.

Breda looked at me thoughtfully, covering half his mouth with his hand. "So this is her Mustang, your (foster) daughter, I think I like her."

"His DAUGHTER?" I said. "I don't think so, I just sleep on his couch."

Furey looked at me and gasped in shock. "You make her sleep on the couch! I thought you were better than that."

I gave him a worried look. "No no, it's just an expression." I turned to Mustang, who had pretended not to hear anything, so I turned to Havoc. "What going on?"