Winter Magic

Since in New York, I had a snow day I decided to post this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   The house was quiet and there was no movement until the loss of heat was discovered. Feeling around for the blankets before finally looking over, Y/N saw the blankets all wrapped around the girl next to him and only a mop of hair covering a face was left.

Y/N smiled while looking at the girl who was in deep slumber before lightly brushing her hair to the side leaving her face to show with freckles and a small pout. Y/N laughed before getting up and going to move the curtain aside before a look of awe appeared on his face. Snow littered the ground, trees and any place the snow could wedge itself onto. More snowflakes were falling as the snow kept building up slowly.

Even with the amount of times he had seen snow, his excitement never seemed to end. He looked over at the sleeping beauty in bed before kissing her head and grabbing a coat and boots for the winter weather.

As he disappeared to the outside, the sleeping beauty stirred. Slowly but surely she unrolled herself from the blankets and looked around to see a curtain opened and outside was the person she was looking for wrapped up in a coat, sweats and boots.

Outside the man was staring at the snow falling before walking down the sidewalk and off into the distance. As she got up, she shivered as the previous warmth surrounding her disappeared being replaced by a coldness surrounding her body. She grabbed a grey sweater and quickly put it on. The warmth quickly returning and a new smell invaded her body. The familiar smell of vanilla relaxed her body as she went to the living room and awaited his return.

As she sat down, she saw the scrawled handwriting, "Back soon, quick run to the store" causing her to furrow her eyebrows. The fridge was full so what could he possibly be getting? She sighed before laying on the couch and watching the snow fall. Her eyes slowly drooped down before she fell into another sleep.

Quickly rushing back, the man held a white bag filled with the necessary items he planned to use for the day. As he entered into the house, he left his shoes by the porch and his jacket hung up. Setting his items down, he looked over to see the sleeping beauty had moved but was still asleep.

He smiled before quietly cooking eggs on the pan. As the eggs cooked, he started cooking the bacon alongside it. Humming to himself, he put a cup of coffee down and a hot chocolate for himself. The smell of eggs cooking, coffee and bacon sizzling filled the house and as well as the sleeping beauty. Her eyes slowly opened before she noticed the man humming to himself as he prepared her cup of coffee.

She smiled before silently approaching him and wrapped her arms around him. He glanced over to see her smiling before he gave her a light peck on the lips as he continued her cup of coffee.

"Go sit down, babe" His raspy voice whispered. She nodded and went to sit down at the marble counter table. He brought the cup of coffee and hot chocolate and set it down while smirking before she rolled her eyes at him.

He quickly brought over the cooked eggs and bacon as she sipped her coffee. She cleared her throat before asking, "Why did you go outside? The fridge was full." He smiled before saying, "It's a surprise, but if you must know we'll be baking!" Her eyes widened before her velvety voice was heard. "But..But.. Y/N, you know I can't cook or bake for that matter" She nearly shouted before Y/N reached for her hand and held it rubbing his thumb, trying to soothe her.

"You'll be fine. Besides we're baking together so it'll be fine and then we can relax afterwards" his raspy voice reassured her and smiling afterwards. She chewed her cheek contemplating the situation before  giving a small smile. "Fine but if the house burns down, I blame you" She jokingly said before his laughter filled the house.