s*t*a*r*s 8 - pt 129

Start from the beginning

            Rylee gets up and stands next to Sydney.  “You’re not doing anything to her.”

            “I’m going to get that blade of whoever’s and I’m going to cut myself until the eternal strand is dead and then have Darci heal the rest out of me!” announces Sydney.  “She did it for Jo she can do it for me too.  I don’t care!”

            Rylee puts her hand on Sydney’s arm. “No.”

            Sydney tears her arm away from Rylee’s grasp.  “Why?” snaps Sydney a keen venom in her voice.  “Do you understand that I don’t want to hurt her?”

            “You will if you do that.  The HIV will come back and you’ll die.  Don’t you think that your dying will hurt her?”

            “She’ll get over it!” says Sydney.

            “Hey!” says Rylee harshly, shoving a hand against Sydney’s shoulder, sending her off balance.  “Do you think this is easy for me?  Huh?  It’s not, but I love her enough to let her make her own choice, now you love her enough to be around so she can make that choice.  And you’re my friend too, I don’t want you dying either, thanks.”

            “One of us is going to get hurt,” says Sydney in a soft tone, barely about a whisper.

            “More than likely,” says Rylee.  “But I have every intention of seeing her happy.  And if that’s with you, then so be it.  But don’t think I’m giving her up, I’m not.  I love her and I’m not stepping aside for you; I’m letting her figure it out in her own way and her own time table.”

            Sydney slips her hands into her pockets and rocks back and forth on her heels.  Her dark blonde hair falls into her eyes.  Rylee eases closer to her, pushing the hair away from Sydney’s face.  “You have to promise.  No blade.  No killing yourself.  You had a death wish once, but you don’t anymore.  No hurting yourself,” says Rylee.  “You have to promise.”

            Sydney nods sheepishly.  “Okay.”  Sydney takes a step back and teleports away, leaving Rylee to her own thoughts.

s*t*a*r*s

            “I don’t believe you talked to her about this without me,” growls Spencer as she shifts into high gear and tromps down on the gas pedal, her car shooting past another one.  “You two are deciding on who I should be with and I don’t damn well like it!”

            Rylee swallows hard. And here is Spencer Wheaton, control freak and lover of all things honest, pissed at her for being honest.  “I’m sorry.  That’s not what we were doing.”

            Spencer festers as she drives, easing over to the right, she takes the next exit.  She turns the music up and refuses to talk.

            Rylee turns to look at her as they get to the airport.  “No, really, are you going to do the whole silent treatment!?”

            “Oui,” says Spencer.  They find a parking space and get out of the car.  “How could you?  You two are off talking about my emotions and who I should spend the rest of my life with?”

            “That’s not what it was about.  I told Sydney that she’s not going to get you, you are mine. I love you.  She can try whatever she wants, and she will, she can’t help it, but I love you and I have no intentions of stepping aside and letting her take my wife from me.”