Percabeth Maybe?

So.

First Leo and Calypso, then Piper and Jason. Everyone with a tattoo is finally together, except the two that everyone was waiting on. Percy and Annabeth.

The whole school knew they were soulmates, but them. Those two are so oblivious to their own feelings it's annoying! Or are they? Are both Percy and Annabeth completely dumb or is just one? Well... Let's find out.

The whole gang was at Piper's house to study for finals. Jason and Piper sat back to back on the rug and went over the physics packet again. Nico was trying to not just hit himself with his history book right in the face as Will explained why they had to know about old men who were just hypocrites anyway.

Hazel was basically going cross eyed as both her and Frank stared at the next math problem. Leo was helping everyone that he could with the math since he actually got it, working in an auto shop helped. Calypso was stress-braiding her hair again as she looked over her English vocab.

Annabeth and Percy... Now that's a different story. Annabeth was trying to get Percy to understand his work but his heart wasn't into it. Annabeth knew he would understand if he just tried but he wouldn't, Annabeth just couldn't understand why, if you could do something why wouldn't you do it?

Percy just kept his face blank as Annabeth rattled on. "Percy! You aren't even trying!" Annabeth flung her hands up in the air. Her hair, tied up in a high pony tail, bounced with the movement.

"Because I don't care." Percy said as he twirled the pen he was writing with.

"Why? Why in the world do you not care?!" Annabeth was about to start ripping her hair out of her head. All the time she had been tutoring Percy he hadn't been like this. He had been cheery and hyped to see if he could understand and learn something new. What was different now?

Jason, Hazel, and Nico all tuned in to the conversation. Their respective study partners looked at them confused.

Percy rolled his eyes. "Because." Annabeth had it she sighed angrily and said something regretted the moment it rolled off her tongue.

"Fine! I give up!" She heard the intake of breath from the room. Blinking she replayed what she had said, and wanted to smack herself. Annabeth's eyes widened and she opened her mouth to say sorry.

Percy's face didn't change he just stood up and walked out. Annabeth got up, stumbling over herself in her hurry and went to run after him. She called his name but she heard the front door slam.

"Annabeth." Nico's soft voice rang loud in her ears. Annabeth turned to look him in the eyes even as her own were filling with water. "He's heard those words enough, he really doesn't need them from you. I get it was a mistake but. . . You need to fix this." Each word was a dagger. Hazel and Jason nodded solemnly.

"I. . . I. . . I will." Annabeth  stuttered as she ran after Percy.

How could she be so stupid? So selfish? Percy was probably bummed about it being finals and with his amount of anxiety. . . And he had such low self-esteem. . . Annabeth smacked herself in the forehead even as she tried to think about where to find Percy.

He hadn't driven here so he would have to walk. Piper's driveway was really long, hopefully she could catch up before he made it off the property.

And that she did. 

Percy had his hands in his hoodie pockets and no expression on his face when she caught up with him. Annabeth called his name the whole time but only got a response when she pulled on his arm. Percy turned to her but didn't say a thing. Annabeth panted as she caught her breath. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Annabeth pleaded with Percy. "I swear I didn't mean it you have to believe me!" Annabeth took one of Percy's hands in both of hers. She didn't even care about the tears falling down her face. Percy didn't react. Annabeth squeezed his hand but stopped saying anything, she just looked at their hands. 

Slowly Percy gripped her hand back. 

She didn't look up as Percy pulled her towards him, wrapping her in his arms as he sighed. "I'm sorry for walking out." Percy didn't say anything else, neither of them did. After a while Annabeth wiped her eyes, Percy smiled at her, and they walked back up to Piper's house and went back to studying. Nico, Jason, and Hazel all smiled at them then went back to work, the others just followed their lead.