Little Doe (James x Reader) Part 2

The next morning I wake up refreshed and ready to face the day. I wasn't too tired from missing a couple hours of sleep. My complexion couldn't have been better. My hair decided to behave today. My friends didn't know I went out last night, even Lilly who occasionally acts like a detective. The Marauders don't know I'm the mysterious person. What could be better? Well, maybe James liking me back.

Lily and I head down toward the Great Hall for breakfast. As soon as we step foot into the Great Hall James yells. "Y/N!" I roll my eyes and look apologetically at Lily. "Go. We both know he'll just become worse if you ignore him. I smile at Lily and head over toward the Marauders.

I sit down between James ands Remus. "What's up guys," I ask pouring a glass of orange juice."Jamsie is just missing his true love." I choke on a sip of my drink. Sirius and Peter laugh at my reaction, Remus rolls his eyes, and James pats my back. "You okay N/N?" "Fine, just wasn't expecting that answer. Anyway why did you call me over?" James smirks and leans over. "How do you feel about pranking some first years?" I turn toward him and smirk. "Always."

I peer around the column I am currently hiding behind. Two first years from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff talk together as I take out my wand. I point it upward so its aimed at a bucket of hair dye and slime. "Come on just a step further... Perfect." With a swish of my wand the bucket dumps all of it's contents onto the two first years. I silently laugh and book it for the end of the corridor. As I run by an intersection of corridor and two groups of boys join me. Sirius and Remus from the corridor on the left. James and Peter from the corridor on the right.

Soon all five of us are standing near the fat lady's portrait catching our breathes. I slide down the wall and  look at Peter who joins me. "Mission accomplished?" All four of the boys nod and say, "Mission accomplished." I close my eyes and laugh. "God, I will never miss pranking first years." The boys laugh with me and I hear James and Sirius flop down. "Quidditch." I open my eyes and see Remus going into the common room. Sirius gets up. "Hey Moony wait up! Come on Wormtail." I watch curiously as Peter stand up and follows Sirius into the common room. I feel someone's eyes on me and turn to James. "What was that all about?" James stands up and smiles at me while holing out his hand. I except it and James lifts me to my feet easily. "How about a walk?" I eye him suspiciously. "Alright." James begins to run and drags me with him. I don't question it and run along side James. "You know, this isn't exactly a walk! More of a run!"

James continues to pull me along through several corridors. What is up with him? The guys even acted strangely. Do I not know something? I mean I'm not a marauder but still. Some fourth years eye us irritably as we pass them. "James! Where are we going?" "You'll see!" I roll my eyes at James' childishness. James can be annoying sometimes, but I still love him.

Finally, James pulls me out into the cold and down toward the lake. "Let me guess, we're headed to the Black Lake?" "Yep." I laugh and watch my steps as we walk down a rocky bit of hill. Once near the shore of the Black Lake, James lets go of my hand and motions for me to sit with him. James and I sit down on a large rock. "So Mr. Mysterious, why did you bring me here?" "Can we talk," James asks as he messes up his already unkempt hair. "Fine by me." James takes a deep breathe and looks at me. "Were you that doe in the Forbidden Forest?" My eyes lightly widen and I look toward the lake. "What are you on about?" "The Marauder's Map never lies, Y/N," James states smirking. I sigh. "You caught me." James chuckles and his breathe appears in the cold air. "What's so funny?" "You see, we share a secret, along with the rest of the Marauders." As my mouth slightly opens James smirks. "Surprise," James shouts before wrapping both arms around me as I giggle. "Are you serious?" A smirk appears once again on James' face. "No! Wait I meant-!" "No but I am James! Are you saying you prefer Padfoot over me?" I roll my eyes and place my head on James' shoulder. "We both know that dog has got nothing on you." I feel James' body vibrate with laughter. "Well I'd say you have quality taste." This time its my turn to laugh.

I lift my head off of James' shoulder and turn my head toward him. James' smile fades as he looks at my face, then my lips. James leans in and my breath hitches. I lean in as well and our lips connect. We both smile into the kiss and move our lips. James puts his hand on my lower back and pulls me closer to him while I entangle my hands in his hair. I pull away breathless and James smirks. "You know, being with a man of such quality really is an honor." I playfully hit James across the chest and he pulls me into his side while I rest my head on his shoulder once again. "Well I'd say you have quality taste." James laughs at my joke and rests his head on top of mine. "Hey James?" "Hmm?" "This was totally set up wasn't it?" "One hundred percent." "Had a feeling."