Chapter 30- Rendrago

*Edited*

The next day Hermione was with Severus struggling to find a way to help her father. 

Hermione read book after book but with no luck. Letting out a frustrated sigh, Hermione slams the book shut. Severus turns to her. 

"I'm sorry Hermione." He says pulling his niece into a hug. "There has to be some way to help him uncle Sev!" Hermione cries. 

Severus sighs.

 "We've look through every book here Hermione." Severus sighs. "Well maybe the answer's not in books. I won't give up uncle Sev!" Hermione says determined. 

Severus sighs and rubs his eyes. 

"I don't know where else we can look Hermione. We've been through every book in your fathers study, my study and Lucius' study." Severus says knowing this would break hermiones heart. 

 Hermione gives a deep sigh and Severus brings her into a hug. "There-There must be something uncle Sev. There has to be. He just got his powers back." Hermione says breaking. 

She hides her face in Severus shoulder as the fear and uncertainty of the fate of her fathers powers washes over her. 

"I'm not going to give up uncle Sev. I'm going to knockturn alley. Maybe I'll find something there." Hermione says. 

Severus sighs knowing it was no use trying to change his nieces mind. "Fine. But use a glamor. Merlin know your father would kill me if he knew I let you go without one." Severus says making Hermione smile slightly. 

Hermione nods and casts a glamor on herself before flooing out.

As hermione walked down the dark alley she was completely oblivious to the dark shadow that watched her every move as she walked through the dark grimy streets of knockturn alley. 

This shadow was none other then Rendrago, vampire king of the world. 

It had been many years since Rendragao had last seen Hermione's father Voldemort but he instantly recognized Voldemort's scent on Hermione and was able to figure out the pieces. 

As hermione walked She tensed up and glanced over her shoulder. 

Figuring out that she was being followed Hermione ducked behind a doorway pulling a move that would probably get her yelled at later. 

She waited until rendrago past by before grabbing him and slamming him against the wall. She pressed her wand to the vampire kings neck and hissed "Who are you? Why are you following me?" 

Rendrago can't help but laugh at Hermione and easily pushes her off him. "I am rendrago." He says and Hermione pales. 

She knew exactly who she had just slammed against the wall. The stories surrounding rendrago were not easy to miss. 

"You may relax young mistress. I can smell your father on you. That is what kept me from draining you. And that is why you are still breathing even after attacking me" He says. 

Hermione narrows her eyes at the king. "How do you know my father!" Hermione hisses pulling rendrago into a secluded alley. 

It was clear to see that Hermione was very protective over her father. She would always be. 

"I have known your father since long before you were born. We fought together as allies in the last war. And after his downfall I searched for him." Randrago says. 

"Obviously not very hard." Hermione scoffs still not trusting rendrago. 

Rendrago narrows his eyes. 

"I searched for your father for many years. Do not make the mistake of thinking that I did not simply because I could not find him. Your father is one of the few I would call friend." He hisses as hermione steps back slightly. 

Hermione could feel the power radiating off Rendrago. It felt much like her fathers aura, dark and powerful. 

Hermione felt slightly afraid of rendrago. 

But she couldn't show it. 

She still wasn't sure if she could trust him. 

"Show me your arm." She demands. 

Rendrago laughs at Hermione and pulls up his sleeve revealing the dark mark branded into his vampire skin. 

"Where were you wen my father needed you?" Hermione growls feeling angry. 

Rendrago growls slightly. The vampire king was not used to being talked to like this. 

He was after all a king. 

"I have been busy dealing with the one called Dumbledore. I could not have come to your fathers side until now or I risked putting your father in danger." Rendrago growls pacing. 

Hermione doesn't loosen her glare at the vampire. "When I heard your father was getting stronger I tried to come. But I was stopped by Dumbledore." Rendrago growls. 

It was clear that the vampire had no like for the old meddling fool. 

"He tried to curse me, to put him on his side, but he had forgotten that as king I cannot be cursed. He paid the price for his foolishness but I should not have let him live." Rendrago explains. 

"Why did you?" Hermione asks curiously. 

She was starting to believe rendrago. 

Slowly she was, very slowly. "The honor of killing that fool is owned by your father. As one I would call friend it is not my right to rob him of such a pleasure." Rendrago says. 

Hermione nods understanding. 

"Where is your father?" Rendrago finally asks. 

"In hiding." Hermione says turning away. 

Rendrago frowns. "What happened?" He demands. 

Hermione sighs finally believing who Rendrago was. 

She briefly goes through Rendrago mind before pulling Rendrago into a bar and casting silencing spells around them. 

Hermione wasn't going to take any chances. Not when it came to her father. Once Hermione had done this she tells Rendrago everything.