Chapter 16

James's POV

"I have to get to class, I'll see you guys later." I cut in, turning around and walking in the other direction. I couldn't just standing there and listen to her gush about some new guy. Was he attractive? Yes. Was he more attractive than me? Yes...but I still don't know what she sees in him. She should be attracted to me. I mean, we're having a baby for god's sake. I storm off down the hall, far far away from the girls. Without thinking, I turn and enter an empty room, closing the door behind me. I'm feeling a mix of hurt and anger. Or maybe it was jealousy. Either way, I was overwhelmed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Megan's voice said irritatedly. I lifted my head up and saw Megan standing in the doorway of the classroom.

"Whatever do you mean?" I play dumb, sighing loudly.

"I thought you were 'moving on'" She used air quotes.

"I'm trying."

"Well it doesn't help that you get irritated every time she talks about another guy and storm off like a child who doesn't get what he wants."

"It also doesn't help that she's having my baby, does it?" She;s silent, her gazing turning to the ground. I lean against the teacher's desk, putting my face in my hands. "She's having my baby and still doesn't feel the same way about me."

"Look, I know this is really hard for you James. Not only are you going to be a teen father, but the girl who is having your baby is interested in another guy." As she spoke, I felt my heart break inside my chest. "And you're trying to move on, but you can't keep lying to Michelle. It's not fair to her." I knew she was right, but I couldn't do it.

"I know, but I just can't do it. She really likes me and I really don't want to hurt her feelings. I've hurt enough people already."

"Okay, well you should at least tell her about the baby." I lift my head up and my eyes grow wide.

"Are you kidding me? She might actually kill me. Or worse, Belle."

"At some point, she's going to find out. So you better tell her before someone else does, or you might really be killed." And with that, she turns around and walks away.

Bella's POV

The next morning at school everything felt...different. As soon as I walked inside the building, all eyes shot towards me. I felt my cheeks blush a bright red, why was everyone looking at me? Whispers started flying all around the hallway

"I heard she's pregnant."

"I wonder who the father is."

"What a slut."

As the whispers filled my ears, my heart picked up speed with each word.

Pregnant.

Father.

Slut.

Oh no. Oh no no no.

"Bella, why is everyone staring at you?" Megan whispered as we walked towards my locker.

"I think they know." I whisper back, making Megan shut up. I reach my locker and find a note saying Slut on it.

"Who the hell would put this here?" Megan said angrily, tearing it off my locker and ripping it to shreds.

"I-I don't know. H-How does everyone know? Is it that noticeable?" I ask self-consciously, looking down at my belly. I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt, which made it impossible to tell if anything was there.

"I never would've guessed." Megan said, throwing the shredded note away.

"Well, look what the slut dragged in." A familiar voice said from behind me. "I wonder if James will be your friend even though you're pregnant." At that, I almost laughed. Almost. But I kept my cool. Obviously she didn't know who the father was, so I'm going to keep it that way.

"Well, Michelle. James already knows I'm pregnant and still wants to be my friend."

"Yeah, I'm sure that will last. Once you start getting fatter, he'll run right into my arms." Her words infuriated me. All I could see was red as I lifted my hand to slap her but stopped when I felt Megan grab my hands and pull my away as everyone watched.

"You're such a bitch!" I yell as Megan drags me away from the scene, just as I was about to enter our homeroom, I heard Michelle yell something back.

"Look who's talking, slut!"

~~~

Vote if you have ever been made fun of. <3

Stay strong.