The Trial

Percy POV

As I was walking down the slope, I noticed the slight noises made around me. I noticed the way the darkness seemed to move. I tried to use Erebus's power to see through it, but my powers didn't seem to be working. Honestly, I didn't think I had any of my powers. I felt like I had before Chaos took me to meet all the primordials. I was thinking about testing some of my powers when I felt a presence in my head:

I took away your powers. It wouldn't have been a challenge if you had your powers. I want to make sure that you yourself, not your powers, deserve my life force.

"Great, just great," I muttered to myself as I kept on walking into the darkness. I walked farther and farther into the darkness. I watched the shadows move around me as if they were alive. For all I knew, they were. I watched as the creatures of the dark started to slither and move. Stalking me to their hearts content. I watched on as I was getting surrounded. I really started to wonder what was out there. Then, I wondered if I actually wanted to know.

I kept walking for who knows how long. The air kept getting thinner and dirtier. It was getting harder for me to breathe. I knew I couldn't last too much longer. I kept pushing through, knowing that I had to find the rest of Order before something found me. I had a sinking sensation of dread spread out through my body. I felt the power growing with the darkness as well. I felt the evil coursing through the air around me.

I kept wandering through the never ending darkness. I could feel presences come closer then move away again. I felt something darker, bigger, deadlier walk up behind me after about another four hours. 

I could feel my body giving in slowly. I could feel the weight of situation coming to light. If I didn't find this essence fast, I would die. 

This being behind me wouldn't help in the matter at all. At first, I thought it was just going to walk away. I'm never that lucky. It kept getting closer and closer. I could basically feel the hot breath roll down my neck. I shivered from the thought of what it could be. I turned around to face the demon that was stalking me. I saw something I will never forget. The beast had reddish-purple eyes. They seemed to glow in the darkness. I watched as it came closer and closer again. I was able to make out more of it's features. I wish I wasn't able to. It's nose seemed to be smashed in as if it wasn't even there. I wanted to throw up just from that sight. The closer it got, the more I could see. Again and again I could make out more and more features. I saw the mouth that could haunt my dreams for decades. The mouth was upturned into a slight maniacal smile. Teeth hanging out of the upper lip. They looked sharp enough to break bones in the matter of seconds. I was afraid from the way it was looking at me. I looked back into it's eyes and saw the hunger, the beast inside. I saw what would make even the strongest generals cry and call to their 'Mommy'. It's body was being shown, and I couldn't help but watch as it slowly got taller and buffer. I watched it tower over me. I watched as it stalked me. I watched it slowly circled me, toying with me. I knew that I was probably going to die. I was about to accept the fate that was about to become of me when I felt the ground start to tremble.

I looked down for a split second to see the ground to start to split. I looked back at the beast to see something that I didn't think would be possible for it to feel. I saw fear in it's eyes. It quickly scampered away. I wanted to know what was doing this. What could make that monster back off? I realized that question might be answered faster than I would appreciate. I kept watching on and on. I wanted to see the being that could do this in the dreaded pit. The floor opened up just a bit more. I looked down the cavern to see eyes I didn't expect to see so malicious. I saw Tartarus's eyes. He looked ready to kill anything and anyone at anytime's notice. I was about to call out to him when he slowly turned around. He laughed darkly, insanely. I wanted to call out and ask him what he was doing. Then, I noticed the difference. I noticed the same thing that I noticed in Gaia. He was different. He wasn't the one I knew. He must have been his dark side, his evil side. I started to turn to run when I felt the pull of the world around us suck me closer to him. I knew I couldn't beat him, not without my powers. I had to run. I fought the power. I kept trekking ahead. I fought and fought, using the rest of my energy. I reached the end of his pull and collapsed.