Chapter 12

Chapter 12
[ Mirrored Hearts ]

Now for most stories, there will always be that one awaited moment. The kiss. And after the first kiss, more would follow but after that kiss we shared in the closet, the last time I saw him was when he was in my room and I've been thinking about where he was, what he's doing and if he's alright. The mate bond I felt back then felt so light and loose as if he's either gone or far away and both just scare me.

It's been a week since he went missing. Even the twins and Jake don't know where he is so somehow, just like today, they've been sitting with me during lunch and they don't even talk to me. Well the twins don't but Jake would just usually attack his food.

And then there's Kyan. Ever since he came to school as the last transfer student (hopefully), he stuck to me like glue and I'll tell you, it's not good.

He kept following me wherever I go, being talkative and smiling as if we're long lost friends. He keeps making jokes about almost everything. And instead of having fun with him, I end up growing more anxious and annoyed.

I love Colton. He's my mate. And this distance and ignorance is killing me. I have to know where he is, if he's safe. I just have to know...

And then I remembered his cool calculating gaze the last time we met. He closed himself from me again and then vanished. Could it be-- my fault?

I could feel the pang in my chest at the thought and shook my head as I walked through the hallways and realized that it was deserted. She immediately felt the heat from her hands in anticipation of something.

She heard a bang from behind her and turned around in flash, holding her flaming hands up--only to see a bloody boy. "Colton!" Holy succubus, he was limping and leaning against the lockers and blood coated his once white shirt as I ran towards him, barely catching him as he slumped to the ground.

She had to take him to the hospital but when she saw the unnatural marks on his skin, she grabbed his arm and swung it around her shoulders, seemingly struggling a bit even with her supernatural strength and zipped passed the halls making everything a blur until she got to their house and went straight to the healers.

***

"Ange." The sound of someone calling my name woke me up from the darkness. Everything seems hazy before I remembered what happened. "Colton! Where is he?!"

"Calm yourself child. He is well, merely sleeping on the other room. We need to talk."

I glared at my aunt, the healer and followed her unwillingly outside. Once we got there I stopped and pinched the bridge of my nose. "How. Is. He?" I say, trying to be as patient as I can.

She narrowed her eyes at me in disappointment but I wasn't having any of it. "He's fine. He was in a critical state and his body is weak. I would advise for him to rest and stay here until he fully heals and regains his strength."

"Now tell me, what were you doing with the son of pride?"

I sighed in relief, knowing Colton will be alright even though the ache of his pain is still there. At her question, I stiffened and thought of what to say but one look from her told me she wasn't going to accept any bull so I clenched my fist and exhaled. "We're mates."

Her eyes widened, "Impossible." She said quietly as if talking to herself.

"Yeah well---" I stopped as I heard Colton grunt. I was by his side in a second and saw my aunt's eyes widen at my speed but I didn't care. All I could see was Colton's eyes opening and staring back at mine. They were hazy and unfocused until he blinked and the hardened, guarded look came back.

My jaw clenched at the thought that he was hiding something. I was about to demand answers when he moved and winced. Remembering how injured he was, I forgot about it for now and helped him, my gaze never leaving his.

"Aunt Jackie, I'm quite hungry and Colton is probably hungry too. Can you please make up something for us?" I ask, still not taking my eyes away from my mate as if he'll disappear when I blink.

I was answered with a huff and heard the door shut and footsteps fading as they got father and farther away from this room. When I was sure we were truly alone, I sighed heavily as if I had been carrying something heavy and placed my forehead against Colton's bed and gripped his hand.

He was still silent and hasn't said anything but we both knew he was hiding something and I needed answers. I felt drained and could feel my heartbeat slowing, now knowing he was safe and with me. His presence alone could calm me and it was amazing and surprising, how new this was to our kind.

"Colton---" I didn't get to finish talking when I felt the grip on my hand tighten and pull me towards him. "Wha--" and he kissed me. He kissed me with no hesitations as if he was scared that I'll disappear which was crazy. I mean, this is Colton we're talking about. Even if we're mates, he didn't show much emotion but this kiss was filled with so much of it. I felt the intensity of my sin, being this close to him and I kissed him back as if I was breathing him, slowly becoming addicted to this drug.

Unfortunately, we had to pull away and I forgot everything else. Where were we? All I could see was him, even when he pulled me onto the bed and slid the blanket over us, even when I noticed a presence watching us from outside the window. It was when I spotted the familiar blue electric eyes that I couldn't help but notice that his face lacked his full blown fanged smile.

Kyan.

***

This update was really late and I apologize, but I hope you'll still continue reading cause this is when everything starts to get interesting. So many factors are involved, too many secrets and hot men so stay tuned for more