20- no going back

My cheeks were red when it was over. I hadn't taken more than my pants off yet my skin was still burning. I put them back on and avoided his gaze. For some reason, I was self-conscious.

"Think it's safe to leave?" Tyler had his ear pressed against the door to our private dressing room. His cheeks looked flushed too.

"Yeah, probably."

After fixing my rumpled hair, I took one last look in the mirror to make sure I looked put together before stepping out into the department store.

The walk to my car was quiet. We kept our eye out for anybody else that might have recognized us but didn't run into any more trouble. One thing we forgot to consider was security cameras, but Tyler was stealthy enough with his grabs that the camera probably wouldn't be able to catch it. Even I couldn't spot his grabs and I was aware of what he was doing.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" The question was out of my mouth before I realized I was even thinking it. We were in the parking lot on our way to the car when I just had to stopped to ask him that. I thought I had forgotten about it but apparently I hadn't.

Tyler halted in his tracks to face me, his dark eyes searching mine. "Why would you ask that?"

"I've heard you've been to jail and I was curious what for." I couldn't believe I was letting Chris' lies get the best of me. Weak, Aly. Weak.

"I got arrested for trespassing. I would never kill anyone, Aly. Trust me." Those last two words seemed to hold more meaning that anything else he'd ever told me. I remembered then all of the times he'd put himself at risk to keep me safe, all the reasons he'd given me to trust him. Finally, with all of that in my mind, I could put the doubts to rest forever.

"Ok. I trust you."

Tyler nodded before we continued on our walk. "So I work the next couple nights and you have class in the mornings, what about this weekend?" He asked as he hopped into the passenger seat of my car. I put the car in reverse to back out of the spot, and then we were on the road.

"I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving. New York, actually."

"It's one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year."

"Yeah, and it's also a holiday. You want to rob people on a freaking holiday?" I asked him, though really I shouldn't be surprised. He was a seasoned criminal, after all.

"Oh come on, it's messed up to celebrate all of the things you're thankful for one day and then go out and buy more things the next."

He had a point. I was never really a fan of black Friday. It brought out the worst in people.

"Ok well I don't really know what you want me to do. I haven't seen my dad in years. I can't back out."

Tyler hesitated, staring out the window for a while before responding. When he did, it was the last thing I would have ever expected. "I could come with you."

"What?"

"I could come. It would be easy to take off work. All of the college kids leave and the place is empty."

"What about your family?"

"It's complicated."

"Yeah I know that. But won't they want to see you? What about your brother?" I inquired, knowing I was pushing him.

Tyler sighed in frustration. "All I'm gonna say is that it's complicated. I have no plans for Thanksgiving so can I come with you or not?"

"Fine."