0.6

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜
Jack: Monday, 12 June
〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I was sitting on the couch when I heard the front door open, it was pretty late at night, it was about four in the morning. I heard a bit of laughter and noted it to be Hale.

"Oh hey Jack!" Hale walked into the room with Marc in tow. "You never stopped by like I asked you."

"Sorry, guess I just spaced." I shrugged. Hale plopped down on the couch next to me. "How was your shift?"

"Check inside my pants."

"What?"

"Oh god, Hale." Marc sighed. "Hale puts his tips down his pants."

"Oh.." I trailed off.

"How did your date go?" Hale asked, flicking the television on and immediately surfing through the reality tv channels.

"Date?" Marc spoke up as he settled in a chair nearby.

"Yeah Jack went out with one of his exes." Hale chuckled a little at the irony. "How'd you guys break up anyways?"

"I, uh, cheated on him." I said and was slightly embarrassed by it.

"And did you go begging for another chance?"

"No, actually. The other way around." I said and me mentioning this caught Hale and Marc's attention.

"You must be great as sex, then." Hale replied and I choked on my own spit, my reaction was enough to make Hale and Marc laugh, but Hale continued to prove his own point. "Well I mean come on, no one takes too kindly when they get cheated on, if someone wants you even after that you must be rocking downstairs and know how to use it." Hale nudged me a little, "I'm just messing with you, you know. Maybe he just very genuinely cares about you!" And the idea of anyone genuinely caring about me was enough to send Hale into a laughing fit.

"Could you idiots be any louder?" I heard Videl groan as he entered the room, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers, and roughing around with his pink locks. I swallowed a little in my throat, I could not deny at all that Videl was attractive. Yet, I barely knew anyone here besides Hale and Videl seemed just as ruthless as Marc did. 

"Aw come on Vidie!" Hale laughed as he batted his eyelashes at him. "We're just having a bit of fun."

"Alright, well do you forget how late it is Hale?" Videl sighed and walked through the room, relaxing in the last empty chair whilst rubbing his eyes. 

"Sorry, I just go home from work, my mind is wide open!" Hale said and he stood up, walking over to Videl. "Check how much I got in tips." As almost as if it was not an odd reply, Videl pulled on the waistband of Hale's pants, and nodded his head.

"Is that a hundred dollar bill I see?" Videl asked as he let the band snap back to Hale's skin, I turned my head to Marc who was shaking his head slowly and with a disappointed glance. 

"Does this happen all the time?" I asked under my breath while the two had their conversation. 

"Unfortunately." Marc replied with another heavy sigh. 

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, but when I did I was surprised to see Marc following behind me. "You never finished talking about your date," He said. "I'm curious now since it is such an odd rekindling." 

"Well," I began. "I don't know, I think it went really well."

Marc nodded slowly. "Who's this guy anyways? You gonna bring him over at any time?"

"I don't know," I replied. "Ironically enough, his name is Mark too."

"Why would that be ironic?" 

"Well.. You know," I stumbled around with my words. It was dumb to say that "well because both of your name's are Mark except you use a 'C' and you two even have similar features so you know, by the rules of foreshadowing and foils that should bring irony with it" so I let it drop. "I guess it really isn't ironic." 

"What does he do for a living?"

"He's a math teacher."

Marc laughed at this one. "You sell your body, your looks for money and yet you're hooking up with a math teacher? God damn that has got to be one for the books. How did you guys meet anyways?"

"He was my long-term sub." 

"For math?"

"For math."

"Oh this is gold." Marc laughed some more and I only now realized how very seldomly I heard him laugh, it was an interesting, deep and melodic sound that I didn't really understand.

"Yeah when he subbed the first day, I thought he was another student, so I walked straight up to him and said, 'well hello gorgeous,' needless to say, I was a little embarrassed to find that he was my substitute teacher."

"Oh you didn't!"

"I did." I laughed a little bit. "The worst part is I'm still awful at math." 

"You're bad at math?" Marc asked.

"Yeah, Mark always told me it was something called.. Dyscalculia?"

"Dracula?"

"What?" I gave a confused glance to Marc. "No, dyscalculia. It's like dyslexia but with math and numbers. So it all gets really messed up in my head and I don't understand it." 

"That's very interesting, does it pose a problem often?" Marc asked.

"Well, sometimes." I shrugged. "I mean I worked in a coffee shop so oftentimes I would give the wrong change or something, it was kind of a hassle." 

Marc nodded along as he pulled out a drink from the fridge. It was a beer and he offered it to me. I shook my head though, and passed it by. "I've noticed," Marc began as he popped the top off of it. "You're not a really heavy drinker. When we're out, you probably only consume one drink and I know you talked to the bartender about giving you fake alcoholic drinks. Why is that?"

I shrugged, I tried not to drink to the point of being drunk when Mark and I broke up. After all, it was alcohol that brought me to my lowest point. I had no future now, and I think that was something I would constantly have to deal with.

"You're a bunch of mystery," Marc sighed as he walked towards the exit. "But I know how to crack a case. Don't act like being different and difficult will make you all high and mighty." 

And then walked out.

Marc was.. Alright for the most part, although he could be condescending, harsh and critical, he had good intentions for the most part. I took a deep breath and leaned against the counter. 

Sometimes, life just got hard.

AN:

I have no idea where I am going with anything lol

Rin