Bad News

"Lexie!! Dinners done, sweetie!!" I heard my mom call. I put my shoulder length dirty blonde hair into a messy bun and run downstairs. "What's for dinner, smells good!" I say smiling at my mom and taking a seat at the dinner table. "DAD!!! HURRY UP!!!!" I yelled to my dad who was downstairs doing paperwork for work.(He's an FBI agent) "Homemade pizza!!" My mom said smiling and taking a seat across from me. My dad ran upstairs taking a seat next to my mom. "Where's that sister of yours?" My mom asked. "KATELYNN!!! SUPPERS READY HURRY UP!!!!" I said looking back at the stairs, then turned my head back to my parents laughing. "Lexie you're so annoying!" My sister said taking a seat next to me. "Girls we have something to tell you." My mom said looking at me while I took a bite of the pizza my mom had made deliciously. "Oh God I knew it, I knew you made pizza for a special reason we never have it!" I said nervously. "Ok I'm waiting what are you trying to tell us?" Katelynn asked taking a bite out of her pizza. "Well...next week we're going to be out of here, we are going to be moving to North Carolina for a little while. So you girls are going to go to a different school and state!!" My dad said taking a deep breath. "WHAT!? NO YOU CANT! I LOVE IT HERE!" I yelled. "I'm sorry..I got transferred." My dad said. "THIS ISNT FAIR!" I ran upstairs to my room and locked my door. A few moments later I heard my sister. "Lex. Open up, let's talk!" My sister said. I walked over to my door, unlocked and opened it with tears in my eyes. She hugged me for the first time in about a year. "Listen I don't wanna move either...so we can do this together." She said lifting my chin up and looking me in the eyes. I nodded and hugged her. "Don't get tears on my shirt. It's new!" She said. I started to laugh.

For the next few days I had trouble sleeping. I was thinking to much about moving..."What if they don't like me?" I wondered. "What's going to happen?" I cried myself to sleep for the first 3 nights. I'm sure my sister did too.