-14-

S1

- Chapter 14 -
Chaotic Fever

- Chapter 14 -Chaotic Fever

I ride the elevator up to the floor for the Love, Garnet office

I ride the elevator up to the floor for the Love, Garnet office. It wasn't even 10a.m. and I was already pissed for one reason and one reason only...Desdemona hasn't been answering my calls or texts for the past couple of days. I get it, we kissed and maybe she thinks we shouldn't have, but at the end of the day we have work to do.

The elevator finally reached her floor coming to a stop. The doors opened and as I stepped off I furrowed up my eyebrows in confusion. There were a bunch of police officers all over her office floor. I took in the broken glass from the tables in the waiting room, the couches, large potted plants and vases were flipped over, and her Love, Garnet neon sign of her logo was smashed as it blinked erratically. "Sir, you can't be up here right now," A police officer said holding his hand up as he made strides towards me.

I finally see Desdemona talking to another cop as she stood there in a black pantsuit and heels as her hair was in a topknot bun. She turns around looking towards me as our eyes connect. "No, it's fine," Desdemona says coming towards us as the cop gives me a look head to toe. I cut my eyes at him as Desdemona says, "He's my client."

"Well, if he's going to be up here he can't touch anything and he needs to stay out of the way. Go to an area that isn't a crime scene," he says motioning his hand towards Desdemona's office. Crime scene? She nods her head then motions her head for me to follow her. As we walked glass could be heard crunching underneath her Louboutin's and my Vans. The glass wall that separated a room for meetings and the hallway was completely broken. Anything that could be broken..was.

What the hell happened?

Once we got to Desdemona's office I shut the door as she leaned up against her desk. "What's up?" She asked nonchalantly.

I glanced to the side then looked back at her. "Sooo, you gonna act like we didn't just walk past a whole fucking battle field? What the fuck happened?"