(Chapter 3) Mikaelson Mansion

Elena's POV

I entered his car slightly embarrassed that I was dripping all over his leather seats.

"So where do you want me to drop you off?" He asks.

"Oh umm you can just drop me off at the grill. I don't really live anywhere right now because there was a fire at my house. That's why I was at the funeral yesterday, my family died in a fire." I answer, trying to hold my tears back.

"Oh I'm sorry for your loss."

I just smiled. Honestly I was sick of hearing that these past two days from people who didn't even know my family. Their co-workers kept saying that they were sorry but they barely knew them. Although when he said it, it's like he meant it sincerely, not like he's just trying to make me feel better.

It's probably because he lost people too like he told me yesterday. It's hard and it can leave us broken.

"Would you like to stay at my place? I have an extra room."

"Oh thanks but I don't really wanna be a bother and I don't have any money to pay you back."

"That's fine, you don't even have to pay me back. I'll take you there now so you can wash up."

I smiled.

He was kind and I can relate myself to him because we both lost people we love.

.•*.•*.•*

We reached a beautiful mansion as he pulled up in the driveway.

He opened the door for me and led me to the door and opened it with a security code on the door knob. So I removed my shoes and left it near the door next to a couple pairs of heels and a pair of sneakers.

There was a big staircase toward the right that led to the second floor and a chandelier right in the middle of the ceiling. The only thing on the first floor was a large kitchen in the other room and a dining room. There was also a fancy sofa to he left with a white furry carpet and a painting hanging on too of the sofa.

"Nice place." I say in amazement.

"Thanks Niklaus."

"You can call me Klaus."

He showed me to the bathroom and offered me a towel.

I looked at myself in the mirror inside their fancy black and white bathroom. It was bigger than my room, there was even a jacuzzi.

My hair was dripping wet like my clothes. I wiped my hair on the towel and dried my face and hands.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I found some clothes for you it's my sister's."

I opened the door. He was holding this plain blue sweater and black leggings.

"Are you sure she won't mind?"

He nodded, "and besides she isn't here right now she's at a dinner party.

"Ohh okay."

He put the clothes near the sink and closed the door.

I changed into the clothes and headed out the bathroom in my socks.

I saw him sitting on the couch watching tv when the door opened.

A tall blonde haired girl with blue eyes came in. Her hair was in soft curls and she was wearing a fancy black cardigan, a flouncy beige tank top, and white shorts with cute wedges.

She must be his girlfriend.

She was removing her heels when she said, "Nik I'm back!"

He got off the sofa and saw me, and said, "Rebekah this is Elena."

She looked up from removing her heels so I smiled and said, "Hi I'm Elena Gilbert."

She smiled back, "Rebekah Mikaelson, I'm Nik's sister."

"Ohh I thought you were his girlfriend."

She have me a soft laugh. "Oh god, not with him."

Klaus started smirking, "Don't worry sister, you're not my type either." We all laughed.

"So will you be staying for dinner Elena?" Rebekah asked.