~Chapter One~

A/N: Hi! So this is a thing. A good thing, I think. Comments and votes are welcome!

My phone is been ringing nonstop for hours. I just want to kill someone. This isn't one of my better days.... I have heard the voice for a long time now… Nothing is new. We became friends, me confiding in him and giving advice. We aren’t friends anymore, as much as he tries.

You see, I’m insane.

Known that for a while now.

Not like I told anyone at first, I mean how would your friends react if you told them that you have voices inside of your head? Especially when that voice urges you to kill them, to rip them apart, to cut them up! Did I sound too excited?  Maybe that is him talking, but I don’t think so. We are one in the same now, him and I. He talks about action; he’s even trying to talk now! I never have taken action, though. Picking up my phone, I look at it coldly.

        Cry we can help you. Please pick up, we miss you.

        Cry, are you there!

        Cry!

        Cry!

        Cry!

I need to get rid of this thing, but before that, I’ll give them a scare. We will give them a scare, excuse me. 

        If you look for me, you die. Stay away.

I laugh softly and in one swift movement, I throw my phone at the wall. It falls with a thump and my laugh grows in volume. I can’t go back now, knowing what I have done… and what I will do.

        Just kill them already.

        You do it.

        That’s what I was planning on. I already almost killed Russ, but you didn’t let me finish!

        I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

        Don’t let it happen again, or there will be consequences. Let us explore those consequences, shall we, Cry?

I hear my heart pounding in my ears and curl up on myself. Please, no, not this again. I used to be able to stand up to this bastard, but the pain he causes is immense. I can barely stand it…

It starts where it always does, in my head. Pain blossoms and I cough, blood splattering on the floor. It spreads and soon I’m writhing, screaming, and pleading just likes he wants me to. How long do I lie there, curled up into myself, wishing I could die? Then, as suddenly as it started, it stops.

        I’m in charge here, don’t forget it Cry.

I nod slightly and weakly get to my feet. There’s many bloodstains in the little introvert cabin that I’m staying in, the blood I coughed up in just another one. It doesn’t matter anymore. Nothing does. 

        Except killing!

I don’t answer, and instead I walk and peek out the window. Since the incident with my best friend happened, I keep the cabin locked and weapons on hand. If they come looking for me, they will die. It is not like I want to kill them, but I will. I mean he will, but who really keeps track of that anymore? Sitting down in the chair that gives me a good view of the outdoors, I slowly drift off. I'm tired of taking these beatings, I need to stand up to him. 

        Sometimes I feel like my mask is the only thing that connects me to sanity.... 

        Too bad you don't even have that to hold onto anymore.

*DREAM*

“Well, that wraps up another Late Night! See you all next Saturday,” I crow into the mic and here the others chuckle as I disconnect the stream.

        Nice stream, friend.

        Thanks, Mad.

“Huh? Who is Mad, Cry,” Russ says loudly from the other end of the skype call, and I chuckle, though on the inside I'm reeling.

“Did I say that out loud? I’m just tired, no problems here dude!” I smile under my mask, and readjust it a little. I am incredibly fond of it, and I couldn’t imagine life without it.

That's just another lie I've been telling myself lately.

“Cry you have been really distracted lately. We have heard of this ‘Mad’ fellow from little hints in what you say. Just fess up, okay?” Everyone mutters their agreement from the other line, and I grit my teeth.

“I. Said. I. Am. Fine,” I snarl and I hear Russ sigh.

“Well, we will get it out of you when we see you on Monday, huh,” Jund says and I grumble.

“Good fucking night, guys,” I snap, and hang up the skype call.

        If you tell them, I’ll make you suffer.

*REALITY*

I snap awake to the small ticking of the clock in the other room. I hate that sound… Standing up, I stretch and hear my phone ring… again. Haha, maybe I’ll pick up, huh?

        Do it. Scare them off, Cry. We need to be alone for a while for the insanity to fully set into you.

        Then we can kill them, ey sport?

 It’s Pewds?!? My eyes widen as I stumble in shock. Why the hell would he care? I’m a little sweet on him, though… So I pick up. I should get rid of those feelings... and fast...

“What the fuck do you want, fucker?” I snarl and I can hear him gasp a little on the other side. I'm trying not to feel horrible, and failing. 

“Cry we have been worried about you! I can’t believe you picked up… Where are you? I’ll come get you,” he speaks frantically like am going to hang up at any moment. Hell, maybe I will.

“Listen, Pewds. I am only going to tell you once. Stay away. I can’t be helped.” I can tell I am hurting him… but… I don’t even know anymore.

“Cry we all just care about you and want you safe,” Pewds screams back, startling me a bit.

“Well I don’t care about any of you anymore. I could kill you if I wanted to, and I do. So don’t give me the chance,” I reply flatly, and I hear his intake of breath.

“I know you don’t mean that, Cry.” I hear a sob rise in his voice, and I just laugh along with Mad. The laugh turns hysterical and I hear silence from the other line.

“You don’t know this version of me, Pewdie,” I say between laughs.

“I’ll find you no matter what, Cry. Bro day every day, don’t you remember?”

“I’m sorry, Pewdie,” I say softly, and hang up. I am so sorry, that's not a lie. I hate myself for this.

        You failed. Do you know what that means?

You know he would come no matter what! You already made me suffer once today, you asshole, you fucker, leave me be!

        I know. That’s why I said it.

Then the whole cycle of pain begins anew and I crumple to the ground.

I miss them... I don't... I miss them... I don't...