Authors Note:

Authors note: Hello fellow creatives! I wanted to take a quick moment to explain the madness behind this little (or maybe big) writing guide and a bit about why I decided to post it.

With the New Year upon us (Happy New Year, BTW) many of us are eager to tackle new projects and are in the wonderful stage of that shiny new idea. Second only to messages or questions about Before Sunday, my Wattpad inbox is frequented by Wattpadders who ask for writing tips. 

As some of you know, I'm part host with some lovely ladies every Monday night on Twitter at 8PM EST under the hashtag #Wattpad4. There we talk about all things writing but until now, I've never really put together a guide or a list of tips and knowledge that may help some of you achieve your writing goals. 

Disclaimer: I'm not here to write a thesis length piece about the craft of writing. I'm here to share some basic tips that all writer's should know, but also to acknowledge that maybe not all of them will work for you.

That's a beautiful truth about writing though. 

There are guidelines, yes, and there is some skill to the craft but the rules and the methods are bendable. With that in mind, please take what can help and leave what doesn't. As we go along, please feel free to leave your own tips/suggestions because we all know Wattpad is about community.

Writing is a deeply personal journey that involves much learning and evolving, so I hope this may help some of you along the way.

I'll post each Monday on Wattpad and on my website (www.ldcrichton.com), you'll find downloadable content such as templates, resources, and the infographics you'll come across in this guide. You'll have to subscribe (agree to get updates from me), you'll get exclusive access to them.

If you have questions throughout the week, feel free to Tweet/Instagram message me  and I'll do my best to answer.

Happy learning, happy writing and all the best for the year and new stories ahead.

XOXO

Leah