Chapter 17

*Tobias POV*

"It-it's freezing out h-here!" I stutter. Tris and I are currently in the pool with everyone laughing, this is our punishment for the prank we pulled earlier.

"Why isn't Uriah in here? He was in on this too." Tris complains.

"What, me?!" Uriah looks suprised.

"I'm gonna get you now!" Tris screams and she jumps out chasing him.

"Tris, don't you dare kill my boyfriend!" Marlene shouts chasing them. Before I new it we were all running around the house chasing Tris and Uriah.

"Ok Ok....I will stop!" I hear squealing and run into the laundry room to find Uriah tickling Tris.

He stops and the girls come running down the hall with towels in their hands.

"Here I figure you will need these." Shauna says sarcasticly.

I glare, but thankfully take them and hand one to Tris.

"Thanks." She mumbles.

After me and Tris were cleaned up we headed down to the kitchen.

"Bon appatite." Zeke says acting french while handing both of us a plate of toast and bacon.

"Why thank you." I say bowing.

"Hey Four, are you meeting the Queen?" Will asks laughing.

"Yea she is right in front of me." I shoots back.

"Boys, don't get your panties in a knot." Lynn commeted walking in.

"Hey, I am going to get some fresh air." Tris says walking out.

"I will meet you outside in a minute." I reply.

"Four, you are a lucky man." Shauna states.

"Yea, too lucky." I whisper.

A few moments later we heard a car slam on its breaks then a screech. We all look at each other and run out the door. I am the last out and Marlene, Uriah, Shauna, Zeke, Christina, Will and Lynn are all surrounding a lump on the side of the rode.

"Hey what's going-" I am cut off by Christina turning around tears covering her face, behind her a chunck of blonde hair is sticking out.

My Tris.

I sob instantly and run to her. She is tangled in a lump blood pooling around her. The driver in his car is sitting staring at us wide eyed and I stalk up to him.

"You don't deserve to live, I hate you, she was my only reason for life." I don't continue instead I pull him out of his car and punch him hard in the stomach. I continuesly punch him in the face until I hear a satisfactory of a crunch and the fact that Zeke, Will and Uriah are pulling me away from him.

By now the ambulance is here and the rest is a blur.

Lifting her. Taking her blood. Questions. Tears. Watching her go away.

----------------------------------------Time Lapse----------------------------------------------------

The whole gang is in the hospitle including Tris's parents and brother who is glaring at me the whole time. After hours of endless waiting the doctor came out adjusting his clipboard.

"Well, she is going to be okay. She has two broken ribs, a broken wrist, sprained ankle and a minor concussion. She is awake and we would aprecciate if-" I don't hear him finish because I push him out of the way and run to her room.

"Tris." I am overjoyed, I run and hug her and she winces.

"Oh, I am so sorry I just-" I stop, somthing is wrong she looks at me confused.

"I- I am sorry but I don't know you." She stuttered.

My world shatters.