Photographs || Camila & Dinah

Y/n smiles as she raises her phone up to sneakily catch a photo of her best friend. Camila was oblivious to what she was doing as she watches the show playing on the screen in front of her. Y/n snaps the picture and watches as it saves to her camera roll, which has a lot of similar pictures in it.

As soon as it saves, Y/n clicks on the picture and silently laughs to herself. In the picture, Camila's hair is shown extremely messy, which is how it currently is, and how she has a trail of ice cream leading from the corner of her mouth to the tip of her chin. Y/n found the picture adorable in every way, but she finds that everything Camila does is adorable.

Ever since Freshmen year in high school, Y/n has had a crush on her best friend and now they're in their Senior year. It's been hard for her to keep the secret from Camila. There were multiple occasions where she'd slip up, but Y/n would catch herself before she did.

What made things even worse is that Camila defiantly does not return the same feelings that Y/n does. Y/n discovered this when she had their mutual friend, Dinah Jane, bring up the idea of Y/n and Camila dating. Camila laughed in Dinah's face as if what Dinah told her was the funniest thing in the world, then she explained how her and Y/n are just really affectionate friends. She also told Dinah that she's only found boys attractive.

Dinah told Y/n this the day after that she found out. Of course Y/n was heartbroken and she wanted nothing other than for this to be come cliché romantic movie where Camila was blindsided by her true feelings for Y/n and they would end up together forever. Ever since that day, Y/n has been trying to develop other crushes on girls but she hasn't been successful.

"What are you looking at?" Camila asks Y/n trying to peep over Y/n's shoulder to see. In the position that they're in Y/n could easily hide her phone from Camila.

Y/n puts her phone screen down on her chest so Camila can't see. "Just a picture." She says with a small smile.

Camila smirks. "Is it from a girl?" She asks Y/n knowing that her friend hasn't got much action over these past few years. She's noticed that every girl who asked Y/n on a date she would politely decline.

"Maybe." Y/n says while locking her phone and not paying anymore attention to it.

Camila rests her head back on Y/ns shoulder and looks back at Sex and the City, which is playing on the screen in front of her. She was relaxing until she heard Y/ns phone buzz against her friends chest.

Y/n lifts the screen up and she knows that Camila is watching her phone screen as she does this. She looks at the screen and sees that it's a message from Dinah.

Finah Jane: get your ess over here i'm bored

Camila watches as Y/ns lips form into a smile, which gets her all excited. She begins to believe that Y/n and Dinah have something going on between them. Camila decides that she has to do some investigating.

Y/n begins to tell Dinah that she can't come over since Camila's at her house until Camila cuts her off. "I should be going, my mom wants me back for dinner." She says while standing up and stretching her arms which exposes the lower part of her stomach.

"Oh." Y/n sighs out knowing that she can't call Camila out for lying even though she knows that Camila read her messages. "Well I'll be here if you need anything." She says since she really doesn't feel like going to Dinahs house.

"No you won't." Camila says bluntly while slipping her slippers back onto her feet. "Go to Dinahs! And before you yell at me for reading your messages, your phone was right in front of my face it was hard not to." She tells Y/n with a tight but genuine smile on her face.