THE PERFECT GIRL

C H A P T E R T E N

E L E N A H A R T

•••••••

WALKING DOWN THE corridor with a fully restored Alissa by my side, I chatted to her with bright eyes and a content grin stretched upon my lips.

I'd told her all about Colin and I and how we'd been texting non-stop since we exchanged numbers last week.

Alissa jumped up and down with utter joy as she clapped her hands together as if she were a child. "Awh, I'm so happy for you! Now you just need to find me a boyfriend and we can go on double dates and-"

Boyfriend.

The minute she said that word, her voice silenced and I was drowned into the depths of very thoughts.

We weren't at the point, just yet. We hadn't even been on our first date! We'd talked about it, but it was still to happen.

It was pretty clear to me that Colin wasn't just a friend. I could tell because I felt butterflies in the pits of my stomach every time his name popped up onto the screen of my phone or when he'd stand by my locker and wait for me just so he could say hi. He wasn't just a friend. He was more than that.

"We're not- dating." I told her, voicing my thoughts aloud.

"Key word. Yet." Alissa winked, the smile on her face never faltering, even once.

She'd always been quite the optimist.

Grinning, I turned the corner, eyes widened as my body had suddenly collided with another.

"Woah!" I squealed, fumbling to stand on my own two feet. "I'm so sorry." I apologised, bending down to pick up the fallen books which had now made a mess and were cluttered across the floor.

Tilting my chin upwards, my eyes widened ever more. Standing crouched, just like me, was Loren.

She too, had eyes filled with an apologetic flare as she scrambled to pick up her books. "No! Don't worry. It wasn't either of our faults!" She smiled, standing up to reach her full height.

She was tall, a little taller than me. Her hair was brown and shoulder length and her eyes were a beautiful smile crystal blue colour. She was stunning!

This was the perfect time to asses her I thought, the idea brightening my rather embarrassed mood. "Of course!" I smiled, holding my books tightly against my chest.

With a pearly white smile, she flashed me a grin. "I'm Loren." She tilted her head to the side ever so slightly, her bangs shifting simultaneously. "Elena." I replied.

"Oh, and this is Alissa." With a slight nod, Alissa greeted her too.

Turning to give Alissa a slight look almost to say 'make conversation' she caught on and soon put her bubbly personality to use.

Eyeing Loren with a judging look, I allowed myself to evaluate her and so far she really was the perfect girl.

She was beautiful. Kind. Fashionable. And by the looks of the books she carried- smart.