“It’s not hard Sutton, pee on the stick!” Lisa hollered as she left the bathroom. I’d plopped myself on Sutton’s comfy bed once we’d entered, not excited to see the person who’d raised me pee on a stick. It was just a little too uncomfortable.

            “She too nervous to pee now?” I joked lightly. Lisa laughed and threw herself down next to me.

            “Of course she is.” We both rolled our eyes and shook our heads. Seeing Sutton so nervous and panicked was both amusing and different. I’d always only seen her calm and composed.

            “Ok, ok, ok.” Sutton ran out of the bathroom, a white stick and box in hand. She looked down at her watch before looking back up at the stick. Lisa and I both watched her as she bounced from foot to foot, reading the back of the box.

            “Well?” Lisa asked a moment later. Sutton’s face became pale and her eyes widened. Suddenly she threw the stick and box down and ran into the bathroom.

            “I need a new test.” She yelled with the door still cracked open. Lisa clambered off the bed and picked up the pregnancy test, careful to not touch the edge that Sutton had peed on.

            “Oh.” Lisa’s mouth made a large O as she looked at the result, already having compared it with the key on the back of the test box.

            “What does it say?” I asked curiously, climbing off the bed to stand behind Lisa.

            Two blue bars were displayed clearly on the stick. I flicked my gaze to the box to see what two bars meant before gaping. Two blue bars stood for positive. As in pregnant. As in Sutton was pregnant. I slapped a hand to my mouth, shock overriding my system. I waited for the jealousy to come but was surprised to only feel elated. I’d thought I’d feel envious of the tiny person growing inside of Sutton but found I could only feel happy that in a few short months, I’d have a sibling. I’d always wanted a sibling growing up. I’d been told I had a sister when I was younger but I don’t really remember her so it was almost like having no siblings.

            “Oh God, this one says the same thing!” Sutton moaned from inside the bathroom, sounding like she was on the verge of another panic attack.

            “Think it’s time to call Evan in?” Lisa asked, grinning widely. Sutton appeared at the bathroom door instantly, her face pale and nervous looking.

            “No! I mean, we don’t know for sure.” Lisa and I gave each other knowing looks.

            “Sutton, you’re pregnant.” Lisa stated in a no funny business tone.

            “But-but” Lisa shook her head firmly.

            “No Sutton, you’re pregnant.” It was silent for a moment before Sutton walked to her bed, sitting down with her head facing the floor.

            “I know.” She murmured. My heart clenched for her when I heard the uncertainness and fear in her voice. Being a mother seemed to terrify her.

            “I’ll get Evan.” I murmured as Lisa walked over to comfort her friend.

            As soon as I shut the door, a smile spread across my face. I knew Sutton would eventually get used to the idea of being a mom once she had enough time to think it through and talk to Evan about it. For the first time in a long time, I felt excitement. I felt hope. Excited that I would have a sibling to look after and hope that somehow things would work out in the future. At this thought, my wolf pushed her way to the front. Maybe things will work out with our mate. Once you stop being so stupid, that is.